“Unreliable shuttle, rude staff.”

Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving
Ranked #65 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A rating of 1 out of 5 is too generous.

2 separate one-night stays on either end of our vacation. First night stay was fine, no issues, easy check in, shuttle was prompt the next morning and got us to the airport in about 15 minutes.

Then we got back a week later. Completely different experience. Long story short, 4 phone calls (one of which the front desk hung up on me, UNACCEPTABLE for any business) and an HOUR AND A HALF wait later, we opted for a taxi because it was after midnight. After a 20 minute check in dealing with the apathetic, unapologetic, rude, and aggressive front desk employee, we finally made it to our room to find (again) the AC set to 86 degrees.

I have left all of my contact information with the GM, Sanjay Varna, to contact me regarding a reimbursement for the taxi, but have not been contacted yet.

Mr. Varna, I know you read these reviews because I have seen that your responses are for 95% good reviews and 5% "average" reviews. I extend an invitation for you to respond to my "terrible" review and address the issue of rude staff, horrible shuttle service, and lack of communication. PLEASE for the sake of your patrons, buy a van, hire a driver, and your business will expand 3 fold. Customer service is 75% of the hotel business, invest in some.

If you contact all of your patrons with a complaint within the last week, you will speak to me; however I can only assume that list is rather long, and using customer satisfaction as a predictor, the likelihood of you actually taking the time to address complaints is slim.

PS- Do your guests a favor and leave the in-room AC at a decent temperature. Nobody wants to walk into a hotel room that is 86 degrees.

Room Tip: Every room is a carbon copy of the next. No "good" or "bad" rooms per se, just...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GlobalTraveler56

A TripAdvisor Member
Wichita Falls, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Terrible hotel, sheets looked dirty, stains all over the carpets and walls. We were too scaredto even sleep under the sheets. Service was terrible, front desk employees were rude, we will never stay here again even if it is just one night to get close to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Great location. Only 10-15 minutes from DFW. Easy to get to. Denny's and Exxon is right beside it. Only 5-10 minutes from many food choices, restaurants, etc. The staff is EXTREMELY nice, and accommodating. Very comfortable beds. Coffee in room was the best I have had in a long time! Breakfast is offered every morning for 3 hours (6-9 on weekdays). Plenty of parking. There is a pool I never used but people were enjoying themselves. I stayed 3 nights on my first trips to Dallas. I was driving between Ft Worth and Dallas and didn't have any complaints. The staff was resourceful. Business center was good too. There is also a conference room if needed. They even have a vending machine with ice-cream, pizza, pot-pie, etc.
Overall, I had a great stay and I would probably only go back to this hotel and not bother looking around if I made another trip to Dallas.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
sanjayvarma, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

I would like to Thank you for your time. It is hard to find people like you who take their time to appreicate good things. It does appreciate our staffs hard work.

Thanks again

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Great free happy hour. Clean room but cheap beds. Good price so it was what I expected from Wingate. I'd stay here again as it's got a great location for an early flight

Stayed: April 2012
sanjayvarma, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

I would like to Thank you for your time to provid a feedback for our hotel. All feedbacks are very important to us to improve quality of our hotel.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We were recently stranded in DFW for three nights and put into this hotel by American Airlines. Although there is little in the surrounding area, except a service station and a Denny's (which served a great T-bone steak!), it was handy for the airport and provided a free shuttle service backwards and forwards between the hotel and airport.
The room was clean, comfortable and very spacious and the hotel itself was quiet. The wifi was free and although the signal wasn't very strong around the pool, the signal from the neighbouring Red Roof was easy to pick up in this area and also free. The complementary breakfast was OK and the lounge area comfortable. Although a few of the desk staff struggled to answer queries, this was more than made up for by the pleasant manager, Sanjay and the extremely helpful assistant manager, Shaqueita, whose cheerful, friendly and accommodating manner really helped to soothe frayed nerves after dealing with ignorant American Airlines staff on a daily basis. All in all, a pleasant stay - we'd be more than happy to stay there again should we ever find ourselves stranded in that part of the world.

Room Tip: If you need anything other than a big, fluffy pillow, take your own.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MadameRosbif
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were on our way back from Cancun and missed a flight along the way and ended up stuck in Dallas for the night. American Airlines put us up for the night at this hotel. We were very tired as we had been stuck in the Cancun Airport all day then flew to Miami and then to Dallas. We were told 5 mins until the Wingate shuttle would arrive when the Airline had call to reserve our room. We waited for 30+ mins. Call the front desk ourselves and were told that we were standing at the wrong door. So we walked for about 15 mins and never saw the gate/door she was talking about. We call back and the manager gets on the phone and tells us that we need to get to the gate/door we were first waiting at. Check in was quick and easy. Once we got to our rooms the AC temp read 85 degrees, it was steamy. The rooms are okay, a little outdated. The bathroom actually was decent until I opened the shower and the tub was so discusting and dirty, big black stains all over the bottom. Overall it was a pretty poor stay and I am not happy with American Airlines for putting us up in this place either. It was not accpetable for even the few hours that we were there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed one night at the Wingate at DFW. Check in was reasonably easy. Very busy hotel. The room was very nice. Rooms were reasonably well sound proofed. Wi-fi is not free. Parking is a bit tricky. The front desk will validate parking so you do not have to pay. Good overall.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
sanjayvarma, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Just for FYI we do have complimentary WiFi.. I am not sure why there is a miscommunication on that part.
Again Thank you for your time.