“Great hotel to stay at!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas

Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Dallas, Texas
“Great hotel to stay at!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've stayed here twice so far and I love it. The property and rooms are immaculate, and the staff is friendly (Ro at the front desk is a hoot). The location is great, as there are many restaurants located within a 1 mile radius (several within walking distance), it has easy access to 2 different main highways, and there's great shopping withing walking distance.
This is my favorite Hilton property to stay at in the area, and the only reason I didn't give it the highest rating is that the rates seem to bounce around quite a bit; sometimes it gets out of my price-range, and other times it's very affordable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel give you a good view of the shopping areas, whereas rooms on th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Desiree L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your review! I will share your feedback with our team so we can continue to improve our customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Shropshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. I believe this HGI was one of the first, if not the first to be built, it is therefore not quite up to the standards of more recently built HGI we have stayed in, such as Sandy (Salt Lake City), Idaho Falls, (Idaho).and Philadelphia (Natchez Trace, Mississippi) The rooms are smaller and the walls are much thinner, with less soundproofing. Having said that it is a very nice hotel with an elegance and charm about it, our room was comfortable and spotlessly clean, with a refrigerator and microwave and all other amenities. There is a very nice outdoor swimming pool which is set in a tranquil garden area. The hotel is set back from the highway, so there is minimal road noise. The staff worked well as a team were all very helpful, courteous and pleasant and professional. We got a very good B & B deal, and the breakfast was excellent, a very wide choice including waitress service, china plates and stainless steel cutlery, rare in our experience. A delightful and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Probably rooms over looking the pool/garden area would be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hotel is clean, staff friendly, and conveniently located, but when the mattress is terrible ... you can't get past that. When I got into bed, I sunk like a stone, as it immediately took the form of a hammock. In addition to being extremely uncomfortable, it was an unpleasant reminder that evidently thousands of people have been on this mattress. I stay in a lot of mid-range hotels, and haven't had a mattress like this in a long time. Inexcusable, really.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
chicago,il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was here for a weekend, due to flight delays I checked into the hotel pretty late but I wasnt alone a kids basketball team was also staying there. the beds were comfortable I asked front desk did they have shuttles and was told no only to find out that they did offer nearby shuttle service still dont know why the front desk lady didnt know that, the first day the shower never got really hot but the pressure was okay. the wallpaper was a little outdated and the tv was a little small I did appreciate all the electrical outlets for all the electronics. I really only slept and changed clothes here there was no waffle house nearby. I got a good price so it was worth it the next day the shower was super hot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Tyler, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I needed 2 connecting rooms and Roe took care of us for that. She was very helpful when making reservation and when checking in. The hotel was nice, connecting room layout was great. Great location for places to eat and things to do in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Natalie P
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas over Memorial Day as we were helping our daughter move. This was a great hotel. It was clean, in an excellent area, quiet and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There were plenty of restaurants in the area and it was very conveniently located for our needs. The rate was very good, especially with our AAA discount. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hobbyhorse55
Shakopee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel multiple times for business and personal travel. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are very clean. The building is very well maintained and everything from the exterior of the building to the hallways are always in tip top shape. One thing I really like about this hotel is the excellent location. There are many restaurants or shopping options within walking distance, and driving access to this hotel is very easy from the DFW airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Paul S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas
NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Hampton Inn Dallas - Irving - Las Colinas
Wingate by Wyndham Dallas/Las Colinas

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas? Share your experiences!