“Great Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas
Ranked #18 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I needed 2 connecting rooms and Roe took care of us for that. She was very helpful when making reservation and when checking in. The hotel was nice, connecting room layout was great. Great location for places to eat and things to do in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Natalie P
Desiree L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Thank you for your review! I will share your feedback with our team so we can continue to improve our customer service.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas over Memorial Day as we were helping our daughter move. This was a great hotel. It was clean, in an excellent area, quiet and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There were plenty of restaurants in the area and it was very conveniently located for our needs. The rate was very good, especially with our AAA discount. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hobbyhorse55

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel multiple times for business and personal travel. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are very clean. The building is very well maintained and everything from the exterior of the building to the hallways are always in tip top shape. One thing I really like about this hotel is the excellent location. There are many restaurants or shopping options within walking distance, and driving access to this hotel is very easy from the DFW airport.

1  Thank Paul S

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Choosing the Las Colinas Hilton would be the best choice one could make. With the beautiful well kept grounds, friendly staff, clean & comfortable rooms, it doesn't et any better. Oh yes the price was perfect.

1  Thank Jeannette S

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I visited the Hilton Garden Inn in Las Colinas for business during the week of a major golf event in the city. I was thrilled with the friendly staff at the front desk, and even the interactions with different employees in the hallways and public areas.

My room was very nice, as well. I had a one bedroom king suite. I loved the fact that the TV allowed for external connections, so I was able to connect my HDMI laptop to the TV to practice the presentation I was in town for.

There was a loud, flickering light in the bathroom on my arrival, but with a word to the front desk it was repaired immediately. The room's A/C was a little rattly as well, but not so loud as to keep me awake. The internet connection (wireless) in the room was a bit inconsistent.

My room overlooked the pool area, which looked very nice. There were bali beds and lounge chairs surrounding it. Looks like it would have been a great place to spend an afternoon!

The hotel is also super convenient to the Las Colinas area. The property also offers shuttle service within 5 miles, which will get you to food, shopping, and more. (AND there is an In & Out Burger within that radius...woot!)

Room Tip: The pool view was nice from the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Greg W

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I am loyal to Hilton and Hyatt brands and I chose this hotel for my two-night stay in the DFW area based almost entirely on the excellent AAA rate of $75/night/king, booked through the Hilton website. I also like the convenience of HGI's on-premises breakfast and in-room fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

Of the many HGIs I have stayed at, this was easily one of the nicest appointed ones. This hotel is 16 years old, the second HGI built in the chain, but you wouldn't know it because everything seemed brand new. The room (second floor, five floors total) was spacious and the furniture and fixtures were in superb condition. The work desk was large and had four easily accessible outlets and a data port. The bathroom was spacious, a bit larger than a typical HGI. Everything functioned properly. Excellent water pressure, plenty of hot water. The walls were somewhat thin, as expected at an HGI, and I could occasionally hear my neighbors but it was not intrusive. The HVAC worked efficiently and was operated from wall-mounted thermostat (no in-room/wall-mounted unit) and it is somewhat noisy when operating but did not interfere with sleep. Which leads me to the one sore spot: my back! Although the mattress had individually pocketed coils and was not at all bouncy, it was very firm, firmer than all other HGI beds I can recall, and certainly no comparison to the plush beds of a Westin. I am a side sleeper and felt pressure points up and down my body and consequently could not find a comfortable sleeping position. I checked with the front desk and was told all rooms have the same mattress. If you can tolerate a firm mattress, you will be fine. The bed is the only reason I could not give this hotel a rating of Excellent.

At $5.95, the breakfast was a tremendous bargain, especially considering that the quality was much better than a typical HGI. (The scrambled eggs were actually good! Not the typical institutional, watery blech.) It's a buffet with table-service support. Hot choices included scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, biscuits, potatoes, hard boiled eggs and oatmeal. Cold choices included cereal, yogurt, juices, pastries, toastable breads and fresh fruit.

The lobby pantry has packaged and microwavable snacks. The "business center" is in the lobby and has two work stations. The "fitness center" is minimally equipped with five cardio machines and a rack of dumbbells. There's an outdoor pool.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank globetraipser

Reviewed May 15, 2013

From the start of the stay which I requested and received an early check-in until departure everyone was very pleasant and accommodating. The internet was a little slow as can happen when it is being used by several people at one time. The breakfast was tasty and reasonably priced. The room was comfortable and clean. No problems with anything.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Hampton Inn Dallas - Irving - Las Colinas
2 mi away
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Staybridge Suites Dallas-Las Colinas Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas? Share your experiences!