“Could be better”

Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Irving
White Plains, NY
“Could be better”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good location for business traveler. But had several issues. First the key mechanism on the door needed to be re-charged (who knew!) and I had to go back to the front desk and then wait for the maint guy (at 8pm after a day of traveling and meeting). Then the mattress was very uncomfortable/lumpy. Couldn't get a good night's sleep.
Other than that the amenities were average/fine.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel are quieter, but the walk is longer!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Desiree L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas, responded to this review, August 25, 2016
Thank you for your review! I will share your feedback with our team so we can continue to improve our customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Milky Way
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Me and wife stayed here for a short one week business trip that I had to do in Las Colinas in October 2011.

The hotel is nicely located near a couple of a nice restaurants, and near my offices in Las Colinas.

Its also close to the DFW airport, about a 15 minute drive if I remember correctly.

The rooms are nice and well maintained.

My wife liked the bathroom and the way they had set it up and the Neutrogena goodies :)

The beds are very comfortable and it has things to adjust it as well, we didnt play around much as we found the default setting comfortable and didnt want to lose that :)

HD TV with most of the important channels.

The morning breakfast is good and the restaurant area is comfortable.

Overall a comfortable stay.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LonelyGalaxy
IA
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn and found it as enjoyable as every other Hilton Garden Inn I've stayed at. The hotel is up to date, has a plesant layout and decor, convenient workout facilities that are open 24/7, *huge bathrooms with good light!!!*, personable staff, several restaurants nearby (recommend the Saltgrass Steakhouse accross the way) and a Target for incidentals. In my three day stay I did not encounter any rude staff but found them willing to go out of their way to be of service and make sure I had what I needed. Great for business travel.

Room Tip: Suites are georgeous -upgrade!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Weslaco, Texas
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This hotel has just recently been remodeled, and the decor is great. Bar/dining area is nice not too big. Rooms aren't very roomy. Went to Dallas for a Cowboy game and chose this hotel because of the great deal. Usually Hilton Garden Rooms are more roomy, but this one was pretty small. Room staff was not friendly at all. I frequently stay at Hilton Hotels and have always been able to request early check in depending on the situation, but this staff just sounded as if they didn't want to do any extra work. The few times I called with questions as to what was nearby hotel staff directed me to Google it. Other than the staff, I loved this property and the location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank kassv98
Oklahoma
Reviewed January 24, 2012

A nice property within walking distance of several restaurants. An especially nice lobby for an HGI & a good spacious workout room.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank welltraveledOkie
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Hotel is very nice and in a great area. However the hotel staff is very rude and was not accomodating whatsoever. I arrived a few hours early into town and showed up at the property about 3 hours before checkin. The hotel clerk was very rude and told me I would simply have to wait to check in. I had some business in the area and asked if I could at least check in and leave my bags while out to a meeting for a few hours. She simply said "no" so you get the idea.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bryan W
Girard, Ohio
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We had our large family reunion over the Thanksgiving holiday for the first time at this hotel. Over the years we have stayed at other hotels but after our experience here, we can't imagine staying any other place. While the location was conveniently located close to shopping and restraurants and the rooms were clean and spacious, where this hotel shines is in their management and staff. Everyone was friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to make our large group feel at home. They definitely made our reunion a great success.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanna M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Wingate By Wyndham Las Colinas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas? Share your experiences!