“Great Little Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York
“Great Little Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

This place is kind of out of the way near DFW. It's about 10 mins. from the rental car complex. It's a block from MacArthur Blvd in Las Colinas which has every possible store, restaurant, medical facility etc. you could ever want all within a 10 min. drive. We've stayed at many different hotels in the Dallas area as we have relatives here. It's about a 20 to 30 min. drive to the center of Dallas and several major interstates run within a few miles of this location. There is no pool but it does have an exercise area. Nice touch in the evening - there are chips, salsa and what appears to be wine waiting in the lobby . There is free wi-fi or you can connect with an Ethernet Cable in every room. Coffee is available all day already made in the lobby. Breakfast is free and includes eggs, breakfast meat and waffles along with the regulars. There is a microwave and fridge in every room. There is a couch and coffee table sitting area in every room. There is a PC with printer in the lobby which any guest can use. Handy when you need to get boarding passes or a local map or address. It's also amazingly quiet. The beds are comfortable, t.he staff is competent, the place is clean and they are really accommodating. Finally, there is a laundry. I've never paid more than $90 a night and it's frequently as low as 60 to 70 dollars a night. I realize a lot of people would find the location inconvenient but we love the fact that we are less than ten mins. from the airport so there is no way we are going to encounter a traffic problem and miss a flight. I'm not sure what more I could ask for in a hotel, budget or otherwise. It's a great value.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

I was very pleased with the accommodations at this facility. The room was attractive, clean, and well-appointed. The breakfast was ample. There was a computer and printer in the lobby and wireless in the room. The front desk staff was pleasant.

However, please be aware that the hotel is in a business area with no restaurants within convenient walking distance. I did not have a car, so I ordered from a delivery service, which actually worked out nicely.

But the main reason why a car is important if staying at this hotel is the lack of dependability of its shuttle service. They share a shuttle with a nearby larger sister hotel, and it is necessary to make an advance reservation before using it. I had confirmed before booking my room that their shuttle would be able to transport me to a theater within a few miles. Well, the shuttle did get me there nicely, but coming back was a different story ... despite being told that I would be picked up within 35 minutes, I finally had to pay someone to return me to the hotel an hour and a half later. I asked the hotel to reimburse this cost and to their credit they did, but it was still an unpleasant experience. To compound things, the shuttle that I reserved the next morning for the airport did not show up on time.

So while I thought the hotel was very nice, I would advise those who will not be renting a car to think twice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

When our flight to Tulsa was cancelled due to weather we were given a discount to Comfort Suites. The van came to pick us up and we started talking with the driver. At one point one of my colleagues asked jokingly "so is it your life's ambition to drive a bus?". The driver replied "I'm the G.M. for the hotel!". They were so busy with all the flight cancellations that the GM stepped in to help pick up the stranded passengers. WOW!
He dropped us off at the hotel and told us to check in and he would be back to pick us up and take us to a nearby restaurant. We asked if there was a Walmart nearby because we didn't have any clothing (our luggage was being held hostage by American Airlines!) and he said because it was so busy he couldn't take us that far out but when he picked us up from the restaurant he took us to a nearby pharmacy that held some items we could buy. The room was comfortable and for all the guests they had, actually quiet.
We had a great breakfast the next morning being served on the ground floor - although I had to ask if any eggs and sausage would be coming out seeing that the pans were empty, but they quickly made more - and were on our way back to the airport. We wished we had just stayed there because our flight was cancelled one more day.
If you get a chance to stay in Irving I would highly recommend this place!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2009

I came into Las Colinas on business and was referred to the Comfort Suites by a coworker. The staff was very inviting upon my arrival. I found the room to be very spacious and clean. The internet speed was very fast and reliable. The breakfast was fresh every morning and I received a great deal of help and advice for directions and places to go during my leisure time during my stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially business travellers coming into the area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
houston, texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

Traveled to this hotel for a family reunion and can't say anything bad. From the cleanliness to the great hotel staff, I would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel! The staff was very inviting and helpful. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The breakfast was great alone with the great location. I would highly recommend this hotel! Great location!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

My husband and myself have stayed at this hotel twice this year. Both times we were very impressed with the hotel. The hotel is very well maintained and the rooms are extremely clean and spacious. The breakfast was very good. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family who are traveling to dallas.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

Comfort Suites Las Colinas is located in one of the best areas around the Dallas metropolis. Its clean and quite atmosphere is not only worth the price but, the friendly staff is just an addition to their overall spectacular service. My husband and i had a great stay enjoying our fresh healthy breakfast every morning. Only a few minutes away from DFW airport and Dallas Lovefield makes this hotel one of the top choices in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple