“Thank you for the friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center

Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Thank you for the friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Awesome staff :) cant wait to return in september
Shuttle service to and from airport was the best experience. My deodarant ran out and my day was saved at the front counter
Had the best stay... highly recommend staying here

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank AmbitEureka
gmarshall2, Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
No, we thank you for joining us. It was our sincere pleasure to accomodate your needs and give you the best service possible! Our shuttle service is designed with guests like you in mind. Ron is a great asset to our company and he takes a lot of care and pride in caring for people like you and our front desk staff, we feel is among the best in the business, so we thank you for mentioning them as well. We have stocked our front desk counter with all kinds of amenities and we're glad we could be of assistance. There are those times when we're running out the door and forget something, so we try our best to see that those needs are met and your day is not interrupted with trivial trips to the store. Thank you for your review and we are eagerly awaiting your return in September!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I recently chose this location for a good night sleep and to utilize the Sleep, Park and Fly to the airport program. My experience was one of the most satisfying I have ever enjoyed with comfortable beds, good water pressure, wifi is wicked fast and super friendly customer service. (Neva & Tracey)
It seems like businesses today forget that “people” are what business is all about. That's not true of the Comfort Suites in the Las Colinas Center. I'm writing to let you know that this location is a great example of what a business can be and should be.
In an age when so many companies don't seem to care about customer service any more, Tracey & Neva do everything you claim you do, with a smile. I am one satisfied customer, and will continue to be for years to come. Thank you for your time

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Shae G
gmarshall2, Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
We'd first like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review for us it is greatly appreciated. All of our staff here at the Comfort Suites are very thankful that you enjoyed your stay. It is our sincere goal to make your stay a worthwhile experience from beginning to end. While customer Service is an absolute priority here, we also like to give you a good night sleep with comfortable beds & bedding to sleep on. After a long day at work we don't want you to have to worry about anything! We're glad you like the speed of the Wi-Fi it definitly is an added plus. Just one additional note, We have enjoyed great success with the Park and Fly and so we're glad you were able to enjoy that added benefit. We hope you come and join us again in the future, we'd love to have you!
Merriam, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Based on TA reviews we booked this hotel on a recent road trip. The hotel is located in a business park and because it was a weekend it made for a peaceful stay. Check in was great. Nacho is an incredible character and very personable. The lobby was very nice and well decorated.

Then we got on the elevator and headed to the room. That's where it started to slide downhill. When we stepped out on the 3rd floor it was obvious it hadn't seen a vacuum in a few weeks. I don't have a problem with that, but it foreshadowed what was to come. The room itself is very nice with a nice sized flat panel TV. That's where the positives end. The room hadn't had a dust rag run over it in quite some time, anywhere. The bathroom needed a thorough top to bottom cleaning. Again, no big deal to me, but for my wife it was almost a deal breaker. Then when we were starting to relax, I noticed the pillow case was dirty. Again, no big deal, I set it aside as there are plenty of pillows. However, all of them were dirty. House keeping was gone for the day, so Nacho got me new ones and we changed them. No problem. Perhaps the room got overlooked. I have seen and stayed in worse, so I thought.

The deal killer for me was when we returned from dinner and went to bed. Something smelled funny when I pulled the top sheet up, thankfully on my side of the bed and only when you were close to the that area. I was too tired to do anything but move the sheet aside and be sure not to look anywhere else. It became obvious that this room hadn't been cleaned in a while and definitely was only 'tidied up' after the last guest left. Now you see why not vacuuming the hallway is not a big deal to me. If I don't sleep on it, I usually am to tired to care. I rent rooms to sleep and move on to the next destination. I didn't tell my wife until the next morning and she was thoroughly grossed out.

It was brought up to the assistant manager at the front desk during check out and I got a heartfelt apology. But I don't think were would be any chance we would return. I really wanted to like this hotel, but there was too much to overcome.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TC6012
gmarshall2, Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We really thank you for reviewing our property, It really does help to keep our property in the best condition possible and certainly helps to identify and correct the problems as the become necessary. Unfortunately, if it is not brought to our attention, we cannot address the concerns and maintain a clean, healthy and pleasant environment for our guest. We are continually working on every aspect of your hotel stay, and we sincerely seek to regain your trust and hope that in the future when your travel plans permit, you will come back and let us treat you to a better night stay!
Harcourt, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Travelled for educational seminar. Room was fine it was comfortable. Room was also cleaned and made every day. As this was my first time in the DFW area, I got very lost on my way to the hotel from the airport. "Nacho" went above and beyond and was also helpful in directing me to restaurants, etc. Breakfast was standard but good. Loved the Managers get together and I got to meet a lot of people from all around the country over some drinks. Location was good. Stayed March 24-29 2013. PS so cold heat worked well in room - nights got down to 26F.

Room Tip: Front of hotel a little nosy in the mornings due to Traffic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We're so glad you had a chance to come and stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. It helps us to make changes and it keeps us on our toes. We realize that we are set a little ways back in a corporate sector but because of that we enjoy a great environment here and as you stated in your review it's great to meet people from all over the country at the breakfast table while you are enjoying a Texas size waffle. The Manager's reception is another way we like to get our guest together, so you can sit for hours and chat over a glass of wine. We believe also that our front desk team is among the best and I absolutely appreciate your making mention of Nacho helping you to get to the hotel. He is a recent addition and we are delighted to have him here. Once again we sincerely appreciate you review and we hope that you will come back and visit with us again in the future!
Genoa, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We checked in hoping for the best. The lobby was clean and the staff was very friendly. We were given our room assignment and were surprised to be heading down an odd hallway next to the front desk. The hallway looked as though deliveries were carried through this route. We went through the next door to find our room first on the left. The room was dark and uninviting. The mirrored closet doors were off their tracks, so my son put them back on to keep them from falling and to let me hang my shirts. The bed was unstable: by unstable I mean that it was "jiggly" as though it were on a springy center pivot. I am a Choice Hotel awards member and have discovered that Choice can be hit or miss. This property is a miss; however, the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Keep moving
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmarshall2, Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We'd like to sincerely thank you for the review of our property, albeit positive or negative, we take every comment very seriously. We continually strive to improve in every area- guest service, cleanliness, etc. We want to make each guest's stay comfortable and pleasant. And your feedback helps us greatly. Again, thank you so much. And please, give us another try so we can show you how important you are to us!
Homer, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at this hotel every two weeks for the last 4 years. You can't ask for a better group of people to take care of you; Tracey, the mgr, Gail, Nacho and Neva. The cleaning staff are courteous too. The rooms are clean, we never have a problem with noise, the beds comfortable and the breakfast is good. The location is central to some great shopping and not far to DFW. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmarshall2, Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, we do not take it lightly that you took time out of your busy schedule to do so. It pleases us that you have stayed here off and on for over four years. We know that you have seen many changes in that time frame and to make mention of all of the changes being positive ones is certainly appreciated. We absolutely had guest like you in mind and are continually seeking to do our best to keep your loyalty. We're thankful that you consider this your home away from home and we really are just moments away from many restaurants and shops and our location is designed to give you a peaceful night rest and have you wake up to a great breakfast! From all of us here at the Comfort Suites, we sincerely thank you and hope that we will have many more opportunities to let you know how much we care!!
Stone Mountain, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed for three nights and the hotel seems to have been recently remodeled. The counter staff was friendly, helpful and professional and the breakfast was standard (biscuit, scrambled eggs, waffle etc.), but good.

The locatioin was conveneint to restaurants, shopping and several different expressways to get us to varied points of interest in the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
From all of us here at the Comfort Suites hotel, we absolutely appreciate your giving us a review of the property and our staff. We understand that when its time to go on the road, you want to stay in a hotel where you feel comfortable and well cared for. We try our very best to achieve both, just for you! Our valued guest, and yes, you are correct! We have recently upgraded our facility and are still in the process of upgrading even further. Customer Service is our priority here and we're grateful that our front desk staff was able to assist you in a friendly and professional manner. We also glad you had a chance to enjoy our breakfast. There's nothing like waking up and enjoying a hot cup of coffee and breakfast to start your day. We are in the heart of a corporate area but literally just minutes away from some of the best restaurants in Irving as well as shopping and entertainment. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope you'll join us again in the future!