“Not What I Was Expecting”

Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center
Ranked #34 of 77 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colfax, California
“Not What I Was Expecting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I'm a long-time TripAdvisor user and based on what I had read about this hotel, I was expecting a much nicer place. Let me start with the positives, though: The front desk staff was helpful (Nacho in particular), the breakfast was delicious, and the whirlpool tub was great (except that the jets looked dirty). Now, the not-so-positive aspects: The exterior of the hotel needs updating--a new paint job for starters. It appears that they updated the interior of the hotel recently, but there was definitely a lack of attention to detail: patches on the wall left unpainted and the tiles on the bathroom floor moved under my feet. The TV reception was poor with lots of static (which annoyed my football-loving husband), and there is NO exercise room. (Normally, I wouldn't care about the lack of exercise equipment, but I was really hoping to run on a treadmill to keep up with my half marathon training.) The hotel lobby is clean and updated, but more often than not, when we walked through there it was so cold, it felt like a morgue. I wanted to exit the hotel as quick as possible. Needless to say, when we travel back to Dallas next fall, we will be staying in a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jharless
Tracey L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. While I'm delighted that we provided a delicious breakfast and a helpful front desk staff, I am disappointed that your experience was still less than satisfactory. I have resolved most of the issues addressed- bathroom tiles, TV reception, brand new Treadmill in our exercise room. And I will continue to work until the remaining problems are resolved as well- exterior paint, etc. I am sorry we were unable to take care of these during your stay. Of course, we would love the opportunity to show you how seriously we take all of our guests' comments. So, upon your return in the fall, please consider us. Thanks again, for your review. And please feel free to contact me at any time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I held a small company meeting at the Comfort Suites Las Colinas and they did an excellent job taking care of us. I would definitely go back there. Excellent staff!! The meeting room was as described, neat, clean and ready when we arrived.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ronandgail, Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you so much for looking us up and deciding to stay and use our meeting space. We are happy that you found our hotel to your liking and satisfaction, and we sincerely hope that when you need to use our meeting space again or maybe just a comfortable and inviting room to stay the night in, you'll think of us. We like to think that we do offer our guests an absolute great value in quality and service! Thank You!
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I just wanted you to know that we had a great stay in your hotel at the Comfort Suites - Las Colinas Center. Gail (the manager or assistant manager) was very nice, courteous, and helpful everytime we came to her with an issue or question. Anytime I am in this area I will be staying at this hotel. She went out of her way to make sure our stay was enjoyable and relaxing.
Regards,
Steve Lee - Aiken, SC.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
First and foremost we would like to thank you for your review of our hotel, it is greatly appreciated! We take great care to achieve the very best customer service possible, and we like to think that our staff exemplifies that effort! It is our guests who make the difference and ultimately leads us to our high standards, believing that we simply try our best to serve and satisfy! Thank you once again and when you find yourself in our area again, please don't hesitate to come and visit with us again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was happily surprised to find a gem in the heart of Irving Texas. The Comfort Suites Colinas is situated in a quite office park area, that has fast access to several highways. I was easily able to find it with my GPS coming from the Airport.
My check in was smooth and I got the room size (King) and floor I had requested. As for the accommodations, the room was lovely and big. There was several nice touches such as a breakfast in bed tray, and I especially appreciated a DVD player. Since I was there for four nights, I was able to rent movies from the Red Box at a local Kroger and watch them at my convenience.
I met Tracy the Manager, she's very professional and knows how to make her guests feel at home. She had a nightly Manager's Happy Hour, that helped hold me over until dinner.
And the morning breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had at a Comfort Suites anywhere.
So my compliments to the staff and management for exceptional hospitality!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tracey L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words! Guest service really is our focus & I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear our staff went above and beyond. Come back & see us, and I promise we'll do the same again!
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The staff is so friendly and extremely helpful no matter how much I bothered them. The breakfast was delicious my daughter enjoyed making her own waffles. The area is extremely quiet, but close to lots of places to shop and eat. The room was roomy enough for our family of 3. We didn't want to leave they make you feel so at home. Definitely my top 5 for hotel stays.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank R0430
Thanks for such an awesome review! We are so glad you chose to stay with us. We work so hard to please our guests, and it is nice to hear that we took such great care of you and your family. Please come back & visit us again soon!
Fairburn, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Just spent 4 nights here and the staff couldn't have been any nicer.We were to check in a little early and out a little late. Enjoyed the breakfasts.Our room was spacious. Large flat screen tv.Convenient to fast food restaurants. Quiet area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tracey L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. And thank you for the kind words! Las Colinas is such a great area to be in- we are so close to everything. And the fact that we are tucked away does make it quiet! Glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and the friendly hotel staff. We hope you come back to see us & stay another 4 days. See you soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

From my first day untill the ladt day i had an absulutley fantastic time at the hotel all the staff are so friendly and helpful you really couldnt ask for more, the rooms were phenomonal the beds were extremley comftable and the shower was lovley the lobby was always clean and the food was lovley, you always had a warm and welcoming vibe every time you enterd the hotel id definatley advice people to use this location and go back myself.

• Stayed June 2012
Tracey L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for an awesome review! I can't tell you how much it means to know we had such a positive impact on you during your stay. And to recommend our hotel to others- that is a huge compliment! Please come and see us again soon. We'd love to see you! And again, thanks for the very kind words!!