“Great Value and Room”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas
Ranked #39 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great rate, clean room, free breakfast, free wifi, slept great. We stayed two nights in a king bed and both agreed it was one of the best hotels we have stayed at.

The hotel has been recently remodeled and the room we had was superb. All of the TV channels are actually high def. Most hotels advertise flat panel high def tv's and you are stuck watching standard def channels, not at this hotel. Free wifi with a decent connection. Exercise room was decent.

The breakfast area was very crowded in the mornings and a bit small, but that is the only negative I can think of. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BenjaminK851
FFISLasColinas, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We are delighted to read that you also enjoyed your rooms and that our staff took good care of you. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Positives: Crisp and clean, good breakfast, great rate
Negatives: "hot" foam mattress

We've stayed at this property a number of times and always had a good experience. However, our last stay was a couple of years ago, so we weren't sure what to expect upon arrival in early April.

Check-in proceeded well. The desk attendant was very friendly despite simultaneous arrival of several guests. Check-out the next morning was also smooth, although that attendant was a bit curt with her replies.

We were pleased to see the entire hotel had been remodeled. The lobby, breakfast area, and our room were all pleasant to look at, and most importantly, they were clean. My wife inspects each property and our rooms before we settle in for a stay. We saw no trash, no smears, and no bugs...not even outside.

The new refrigerator in our room was a welcome feature. We almost always have water, fruit, and leftovers from restaurants to keep cool.

The television had a good picture, and the hotel offers a great variety of channels to watch.

Several softball teams stayed at the hotel during our visit but noise was never an issue. This despite the fact most of the kids were anxious to get into the pool, and many people hung around the lobby the evening we stayed.

Overall, we slept "OK" but found the foam mattress didn't deflect body heat too well. All night long we tossed but invariably became warm on whichever side was facing the bed.

Despite this drawback, we thought this hotel a good value for the price. It's a little tricky to reach, and parking can be tight, but the hotel is centrally-located to many activities.

We think "3" is too low a rating for this hotel. If permitted, we'd rate this hotel a "3.5". Since that option isn't available, our score has been rounded up to "4". We had a good enough stay that we've scheduled a return in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank The_Real_Birdcatcher
FFISLasColinas, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for staying and for writing a review. It was lovely to see that you appreciated our little touches and attention to detail. Our objective is simple: to make you feel like a guest in a good friend’s home. We look foward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at Fairfield inn before and like the fact that they have a free breakfast. This location was okay but as I was at the breakfast bar a large cockroach ran out from underneath it. Needless to say I lost my appetite. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013
FFISLasColinas, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for staying and for your review. We value all comments we receive as this way we can better our services. I am sorry that you left feeling disappointed. I surely hope your next visit will be outstanding without any exception. Meanwhile, please contact me if you wish to address the (minor exception) matter in private.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This place has only ONE flaw. You will not be able to sleep here.

After a million dollar renovation which is awesome BTW (see photos) they have consistently failed to provide one basic thing: peace & quiet enough for a good night sleep.

There is apparently a couple, with several children who also use this facility weekly, who get drunk in the room and boot the kids out when the party gets started so the kids just Run Wild up and down the halls. No floor, no hour of the night is sacred.

This did not just happen on one single visit.

I work for one of the major corporations within rock throwing distance & have stayed here 3 or 4 times per Month for a quite a while now.

In 10 or so stays this year so far I have had maybe TWO or three nights where I was not awakened after going to sleep by the inexcusably loud and wild group of unsupervised children.

The parents are well known to management; desk clerk will round up the kids and baby-sit them for free after enough guests complain.

Whether a violation of child neglect laws or just bad social graces it has become apparent the problem a permanent feature here.

If told it won’t happen again? I was too. It did anyway.

So if you want a beautifully remodeled hotel with hot tub, indoor pool, best continental breakfast ever, new exercise room with really nice courteous help in which YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP, reserve now!

Perhaps you have a large family with children between 6 and 10 years of age and need a good place to get loaded without having to watch your kids, this place is just what you’ve been dreaming of!

But, on the bright side? You can just always stay at the place next door, or the one across the street, or the other one next door, or the one across the other street. Area thick with hotels.

Room Tip: Try Candlewood 2 doors down, nice soft beds big work areas in room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FlemBrimstone
FFISLasColinas, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for staying and for your review. We value all comments we receive as this way we can better our services. I sincerely apologize that you left feeling that your stay was far from the exceptional service you have come to expect here at our hotel. I surely hope your next visit will be outstanding without any exception. Meanwhile, please contact me if you wish to address the (minor exception) matter in private. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Almost exclusively, we stay at Marriott properties and have stayed at several in the past few years that are under renovation. Never have we stayed at one where the service was rude and totally lacking in Marriott quality until we stayed at the Las Colinas Fairfield Inn and Suites. We arrived late and did not receive the upgrade we would usually get. No problem, we did arrive very late. Since we were staying there two nights, the night clerk assured us that we would receive the upgrade the second night and the staff would move our belongings for us. The next morning we checked with the day clerk about the room change. She was slumped down in her chair in the temporary office and seemed more interested in texting on her phone. Regarding our inquiry into the room change, she replied through fingers covering her mouth, "If a suite becomes available, I will would change the room, but there is no one to move your belongings while you are out." Hmmmm.... not what the night clerk told us. She argued with us about it, never removing those fingers that covered her mouth until my husband presses for the same response that the night clerk had promised.

We proceeded to eat breakfast in the temporary breakfast area. My husband asked if there were bananas and was told that the staff member would check. The staff member never got back to him, but my husband later discovered there was a whole box of them under the table. We spoke with manager, so I hope staff issues have been addressed. It does seem to me that when guests are inconvenienced, as we certainly were by the construction, staff members need to go out of their way to provide superior service. If not, then it becomes a management problem. I definitely will not stay at this location again or consider staying at any property that is undergoing renovation. The noise wasn't the problem and the inconvenience was expected. The service is what destroyed the stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
FFISLasColinas, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

First, I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while with us as we underwent renovation. Second, I would also like to apologize for my staff compounding the situation by providing subpar guest service.

I take great care and pride to ensure that my staff offers superior guest service at all times. It truly saddens me that on this occasion an acceptable standard was clearly not met, and we did not succeed in meeting your expectations. I agree 100% that undergoing a renovation is not an excuse for poor service. I have addressed the situation and all appropriate actions have been taken to ensure that my staff is aware of our guest service standards.

Again, I highly appreciate you sharing your experience as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business, our greatest advertisement is word of mouth by satisfied customers. It is my goal to regain your confidence as a satisfied customer and we hope to service you again in the very near future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nice basic hotel near the airport. Nothing above average to report really. Customer service was good and the room was clean. Breakfast was average. I'd stay there again but there are newer (modern) hotels in the area at the same price point I'd look at first

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
FFISLasColinas, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are always excited to hear from our guests regarding their stay. You will be happy to hear that we will be finished with our full renovation on March 2, 2013! Everything from the floors to the ceilings are now completely renewed, and we know you will be pleased.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I echo the sentiments of many other reviewers who praise the staff. It was a nice touch to get an email from the front desk a few days before arrival confirming the reservation and asking if they could prepare anything special before my arrival.

The rooms are large and clean. Breakfast is not extravagant, but what's there is good. Beds and pillows are very comfortable. Rooms are relatively quiet, you do hear some traffic noise, but that's part of being close to retail and commercial conveniences. Very easy to get to from DFW. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
FFISLasColinas, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

We are happy to hear that you appreciated our little touches and attention to detail. Our objective is simple: to make you feel like a guest in a good friend’s home. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you for staying and for writing a review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
TownePlace Suites Dallas Las Colinas
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Lewisville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas? Share your experiences!