“Very nice”

Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Albuquerque, NM
“Very nice”
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Our family of 4 adults recently attended a reunion in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Since we needed a central gathering place for several families, we chose this Residence Inn. Our suite was fresh, attractive, clean and comfortable. There was room and privacy for my family of 4 including two bathrooms and two bedrooms, kitchen, and living room. Small details created a warm friendly atmosphere, and all the members of the staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Liked — Very attractive and comfortable.
  • Disliked — Dallas/Ft. Worth area in August!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 28, 2006

Stayed here recently withouth first looking at the previous review...my mistake....to begin with, the sliding glass door on my ground level room was open when I got to the room during a cold spell in Texas...room was freezing...heater was very loud...had to step down into the bed with very worn sheets and blankets....stains on the couch....old beat up furniture...carpet was very worn...room smelled musty and old...breakfast was lame....stayed one night and got out of there for the rest of my stay...already contacted Marriott corp HQ....see my review for Comfort Inn Suites in Grapevine Texas where I moved to....

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank MrFoxBox
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 23, 2005

I stay at hotels regularily for work - and I have never had a worse nights sleep than my night at the Residence Inn.
I'm sure this hotel was fine when it first opened - but little has been done since then. My first impression started off on a poor note - as I found hair in the sink and countertop. Everything in the hotel looked as if it was 20 years old - and hadn't been updated since the hotel first opened.
At that point I was so tired - I just wanted to go to bed. But it was super hot in Dallas - so I turned on the AC. It rattled and rattled and never stopped. It was so loud I couldn't fall asleep. So eventually I turned it off- hoping that without the rattling I could maybe get a little sleep. Well the walls are paper thin and I could hear everything outside - including my neighbors coming home at 1am.
After I finally did fall asleep - I was awoken at 5 am to the sounds of chirping birds and owls howling. Maybe if my AC was working properly it would have drowned this out.
I was supposed to stay for a few more nights - but decided to check out early as I knew that the situation wouldn't get any better. I spoke with the manager and told him my experience - he was very nice about the situation - but at that point it didn't really matter. So the customer service was good - but not enough to compensate for my terrible nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business