“recommend this for large groups or families”

Residence Inn Dallas Las Colinas
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Irving
london England
“recommend this for large groups or families”
Reviewed October 31, 2008

because our suite was smelling of cigarrettes they upgraded us to the penthouse,superb<' had alot of fresh towels, plenty of space.
two full baths upstairs and downstairs and a sleeper sofa in livingroom.
stay here if you have large family and want to save. its right next to wendy's, tacobell and walmart is right down the street.

everything was okay on the average.
stayed here from oct 25th for two nights. its located in las colinas which is one of the beverly hills of dallas, the area is nice and quiet and
not too far from DFW airport.

Stayed October 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Michigan
Reviewed August 22, 2008

My husband was booked here through his company, as he was staying in the area for work (and I went along with him!). Upon arrival, we were greeted very warmly and the front desk staff offered to help us find anything we needed around town. They didn't seem to be aware of a Pilates studio right across the street (which I had found online before traveling) but they were eager to help track it down for me.

Our room was right next to the pool, but the hotel was not full and it was pretty quiet. We actually used the pool and hot tub a few times during our stay and both were very clean and a lot of fun! All of the grounds were very well kept during our stay.

Our room was an older model, not laid out like a suite as some of the newer Residence Inns may be. However, there was more than enough room for the two of us. The kitchenette was stocked with pots, pans, kitchen utensils, etc. Apparently some rooms have newer appliances and televisions, but everything worked fine for us. There was a table/desk in the kitchen area and another desk near the front window, so if we both had work to do that would have worked out great! Bathroom isn't large, but the vanity/sink area is plenty big enough for two (and is outside of the toilet/shower area, which is always nice). There is a lot of closet space, however almost NO drawer space - so you can hang up all the shirts you want, but your underwear will have to live in your suitcase for the duration of your stay.

The breakfast was just fantastic! Every day they had piping hot eggs, potatoes, and sausage, plus another hot option which varied: one day it was biscuits & gravy, another day it was crossaint sandwiches, another it was french toast & pancakes. They also had plenty of other options, like cereal, toast, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. Hot coffee or tea (several flavors, including herbal) were also available.

Monday - Thursday, they also had free "refreshments" in the same lobby. We headed over to get a snack, and was surprised to find more than enough for an entire dinner! Really a lot of options, including beverages, and it was all delicious. The staff kept everything well-stocked for all meals that we attended.

The staff was really the highlight of this hotel, everyone from the maid service to the manager was more than willing to bend over backwards for anything we wanted. One interrupted a staff meeting to get me some quarters for the laundry, another offered me an umbrella when I came in from the rain, and one of the maids offered us a stack of fresh towels on a day we opted not to have the room cleaned. Very impressed!

As far as the area, there are plenty of fast food options, a few sit-down restaurants, as well as a CVS and a Walgreens within walking distance. HOWEVER, if you are the type of person who enjoys a cold beer (or any other alcoholic beverage) in your hotel room, you should be aware that Irving is DRY! There is a Dallas liquor store called "Centennial" only about 3 miles away, but still it's good to know.

• Liked — Friendly staff, fabulous FREE meals
  • Disliked — Dry town! Aack!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed March 13, 2008

We were coming to Dallas for a wedding. and never been abroad before, let alone flew, I was very unsure where to book us an hotel. So I looked on this web site almost everyday for weeks! Then I decided to go with a Marriott Hotel. They are very good standard in the UK, and I hoped they would be the same in the USA.

And boy was I right! We were treated like royalty. The staff were the most curtious we have ever met. we were given a free uprade to penthouse as soon as we arrived, which was super! Everything was clean and fresh. And the breakfast far exceeded our expectations. The person that really made it special for us was the front desk lady called Chandel. She bent over backwards to make our stay so good. I know some would say thats what shes paid for, but she went beyond the call of duty, as far as we were concerned.

I would recomend this Hotel to anyone who wants to be away from the bustle of the city. It was very Quiet, with a few shops and some eating places nearby. But not too far away from the airport and about 20 mins to downtown Dallas.

• Liked — Spacious, clean, friendly, Great Food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Our family of 4 adults recently attended a reunion in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Since we needed a central gathering place for several families, we chose this Residence Inn. Our suite was fresh, attractive, clean and comfortable. There was room and privacy for my family of 4 including two bathrooms and two bedrooms, kitchen, and living room. Small details created a warm friendly atmosphere, and all the members of the staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Liked — Very attractive and comfortable.
  • Disliked — Dallas/Ft. Worth area in August!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 28, 2006

Stayed here recently withouth first looking at the previous review...my mistake....to begin with, the sliding glass door on my ground level room was open when I got to the room during a cold spell in Texas...room was freezing...heater was very loud...had to step down into the bed with very worn sheets and blankets....stains on the couch....old beat up furniture...carpet was very worn...room smelled musty and old...breakfast was lame....stayed one night and got out of there for the rest of my stay...already contacted Marriott corp HQ....see my review for Comfort Inn Suites in Grapevine Texas where I moved to....

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank MrFoxBox
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 23, 2005

I stay at hotels regularily for work - and I have never had a worse nights sleep than my night at the Residence Inn.
I'm sure this hotel was fine when it first opened - but little has been done since then. My first impression started off on a poor note - as I found hair in the sink and countertop. Everything in the hotel looked as if it was 20 years old - and hadn't been updated since the hotel first opened.
At that point I was so tired - I just wanted to go to bed. But it was super hot in Dallas - so I turned on the AC. It rattled and rattled and never stopped. It was so loud I couldn't fall asleep. So eventually I turned it off- hoping that without the rattling I could maybe get a little sleep. Well the walls are paper thin and I could hear everything outside - including my neighbors coming home at 1am.
After I finally did fall asleep - I was awoken at 5 am to the sounds of chirping birds and owls howling. Maybe if my AC was working properly it would have drowned this out.
I was supposed to stay for a few more nights - but decided to check out early as I knew that the situation wouldn't get any better. I spoke with the manager and told him my experience - he was very nice about the situation - but at that point it didn't really matter. So the customer service was good - but not enough to compensate for my terrible nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business