“great place to stay”

Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Walla Walla, Washington
“great place to stay”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were stranded in Dallas due to weather and were able to get a room at this Residence Inn. The people here made what could have been a very bad experience into a rather nice one. Our room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable; the breakfast offered was more than expected - great selection, good food, plenty of room to get what you want and lots of seating.
Keke, at the front desk was fantastic - very friendly and very helpful - she went above and beyond trying to find a cell phone charger that could fit my phone, and make sure we had everything we needed as our luggage was still with the airlines at the airport! The "breakfast lady" - Brenda - was also fantastic - friendly, helpful, very personable ...
The maintenance guys did a fantastic job keeping the sidewalks clear of all the ice, we could tell they worked very hard, and cared about the grounds.
If we ever go back to Dallas we'll definitely stay here

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie W, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We have shared your feedback with our staff. Please visit us again when in the DFW area.

Stephanie W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Spring, TX
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were looking for a place on the north side of Dallas with a small kitchen. Even though the inn is a little dated it suited our needs. Liked the individual buildings...felt like an apartment complex. Location was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nancy A
Rosa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your feedback. I am delighted that we were able to meet your family needs. It is always a pleasure to serve our guests and very grateful that you chose Marriott.
texas
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were planning a "staycation" for spring break and my niece joined us. We needed to return her to the DFW airport (and live three hours away) so we decided to stay in the penthouse suite at the Residence Inn to give us space to enjoy our night "away."

Let me say, the room layout is fabulous and I might have just had one of the best stays ever . . . there was a nice kitchen, living room, bedroom (for my husband and me) and loft (with queen bed and bathroom for the kids) except it was the worst!

It started as we were five minutes away and as I was checking the reservation confirmation on my phone I noticed we had been changed to two studio suites. I called and was told that since we were staying one night and they were oversold that they moved us. As this was our "vacation" (and my birthday!) I suggested they move someone else since I'd had the room booked for several months. She agreed to honor the reservation. We checked in minutes later, got the keys, and . . .

the minute I walked in the room I reeled from the stench of smoke that permeated all the rooms!

I immediately called the front desk and asked for an employee to come check out the situation and to switch our rooms. Despite our relatively "early" check in at 5:00 PM, I was told again that they were sold out of penthouse suites and there wasn't one available. Didn't quite believe that all other penthouse suite guests had already checked in -- do believe that since we were staying one night only they weren't willing to let us move.

My husband opened all the windows, propped the door open, and the kids pleaded to stay in the suites -- three TVs here instead of just one in a standard room. Everyone got their own show (we don't have cable TV at home so it's a BIG deal when we stay at a hotel).

I hoped to get used to it. Never did. I called front desk again and was told they would send someone to come check out how bad the room was when there was someone to send (said she was working alone). On a Friday night between 5-9 PM? No one ever came or called us back.

Truly hated every minute of it. Felt I couldn't breathe and woke up throughout the night many times gagging. It was that bad.

Took niece to airport at 4 AM. Returned to hotel and sat in the lobby until 8 AM reading a book so that as soon as rest of the family woke up we could leave. Front desk clerk asked if there was a problem, I said yes and shared my disgust (again) and was told, "Oh yeah, there is a note here about that. Don't worry, you won't get charged for the smoke smell." I asked for comment cards and an address to mail them and was assured I would get a survey link post-check out by email. I shared how glad I would be to fill out the survey.

Just before we were leaving, I got a call from the manager saying he was sorry no one ever came by to the room (why didn't he instead of calling?) and that the room would be comped. The money didn't make it okay. It was the worst night I've ever stayed in a hotel and I travel frequently. More importantly, the lack of caring from the staff was appalling.

Funny thing also, when the room is comped, you don't get an email survey link after all. So here it is.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank txbeach
Dear Guest,
I want to personaly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I am thankful that you are making us aware of the odor condition of your suite. It is unacceptable that your room was not up to Marriott Standards. I am pleased that we compensated the suite, however, we should have talked to you in person instead of calling you. I would like to mention that surveys are set to be sent ramdomly by departure date and not by method of payment or rate paid. It is sent automatically by the system to avoid any staff involvement. Once again I want you to know that I am very sorry for not meeting your expectations. I do hope that your trip back home was pleasant and that you were able to Celebrate your Birthday.

Western MA
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at many Marriott properties and so far this is the worst. My room looked like there was a flood from above and the ceiling has not been fixed. The bathroom needs a makeover as it is dingy like a Motel 6 bathroom. The furniture in the room was fine but when laying in bed looking at a ceiling where the covering has come off, well it is not pleasant. Poor by Marriott standards (and I have stayed at many Residence Inns as well as their other properties), so if that is what you are expecting you will be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rosa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
I can not thank you enough for providing us with your feedback. It is not acceptable that you were checked in to this suite. Please know that we have completed the roof and ceiling repairs. We want to make sure that our guests have a great experience while staying with us, so I really appreciate your time and comments regarding your stay so that we can take action and improve our facility and service.

Best Regards

Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We love this hotel! We stay here anytime we are in Dallas. The rooms are comfortable, spacious
& clean and have been beautifully updated. Staff are friendly. The breakfast is very good with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and many other items. We feel very at home at this hotel and highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NEW YORK
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I would like to thank Cady welcoming me here.... I also would like to thank the night shift gentleman helping make my stay VERY pleasant..... Breakfast was good.... Rooms are very clean.... Easy access to the airport going local.... Thanks again Residence Inn....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank o1_cisco
tx
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I woke up with the crews that climbed up in my balcony and stand in my balcony!!! and working their fixed up like put some tape of the wall out side when you still stay inside the room with no warning sign or call from hotel at all !! just imagine that if you walked Naked out from the bathroom to get dress what gonna happen???? I called the hotel and seem they didn't care about this !!!! just told me this is will be the last day( 2nd days of mine) that they will do !! seriously I stayed in the room with Dark since I need to close all of my curtains Because they stand and walk around my 2 balconies !! ( This is the 2nd floor room) that made you Uncomfortq at all no Privacy at all !!! The Manager seem no power to solve any problems!! This is The Worst Hotel in Lascolinas TX that i ever seen !! and the 1st day of my breakfast in the hotel lobby , They let the skidroll with smelling sit and eat with you !!!! This is the Horrible and Unprofessional must grade 1 stars* , Stay Away from this hotel !!!!!! If you didn't want to face somethings that you didn't expect from the Professional hotel because this hotel is managed by Unprofessional group that won't have any knowledgebles to run the hotel business in good hands which they need to know that they must put the customer on the1st Place forThe Security and the Privacy State !!!! just keep in mind , I paid $100/night which they said this is the Lowest rate from them with the Worst sevices from them as well !!!! lol !!! then just stay away from this hotel since they didn't care about your $100 worth but just care what their own living !!! this is a p o o r and Un Professional group in hotel business that you will not want to Deal with !!! just Stay away from Resident inn Lascolinas TX for your Peace, Security, Comfortably and Royalty trip.

Room Tip: just stay away from the road ,so loud and this hotel have construction with loud noise and the crews...