“A quick trip”

StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North
Ranked #42 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Many thanks to the hotel for getting us a room before the normal check in time. We had slept in the car the night before the flight to dallas and didn't except to have a problem when we got there, but it was hot and my husbands meeting was at 12:30. Thankfully they got us in so we could get a shower. It was close to the airport, the hotel was clean. Breakfast was nice and the pool refreshing and clean. Many thanks!

Stayed: July 2014
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Cuinthemoon,
It's certainly a pleasure to read your review. We take great pride in the fact that our hotel and staff made your stay a memorable experience. Your sincere comments are truly what we strive to provide all guest. Thank you for taking the time to send such a great response.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel has been a very nice surprise, great rooms, cinema,nice breakfast corner, i couldn't ask for more. The only problem i found was the air conditioning that didn't work at the reception. I would suggest the staff to know more about tourism in Dallas and Fort Worth because tourists like us sometime need a help and it' s not good to hear at the reception:"i don't know, i'm not from here."

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Pibus G,
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We strive and make it our goal to provide excellent service and accommodations. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations in the reception area and our lack of local tourism knowledge. I have addressed your concerns with our Front Desk and Management team. We look forward to your return trip to the DFW area.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a family trip to six flags. The room was clean, spacious and nicely decorated.
The only negative I had was the bed was too firm for my liking. Also it rained while we were there and we were woke up by water pouring into the window. We let the front desk know but we were checking out so I don't know how promptly it was fixed.
It was quiet despite there being lots of people in the hotel.
The pool was nice and the theater room was an unexpected surprise. Staff were very friendly.
The location was right near a walmart which was convenient bit it seemed we had to since a long way to get to any attractions.
Overall it was an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear TexasMom5,
Thank you for your review. Your honest and sincere comments are the type of response we strive to receive; not only positive, but one that gives us information for improvements. We look forward to your return trip to our area.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

ARRIVAL: This is truly a hidden gem. This hotel is tucked between a nice residential area and several restaurants and stores. When we arrived, we overheard that one of the desk clerks was on the second leg of a double shift due to staffing issues. I don't say that to complain, but rather to commend her on her outstanding efforts during the duration of our stay. She was pleasant and accommodating the entire time.

ROOM: If I could have remained in the room the entire time, I would have. (Kids wouldn't allow it, though!) The layout and decor made you feel like you were at home. There was a fully stocked kitchen with pots, pans, and dishes. It almost seemed a shame not to cook there. There is a Walmart right down the street, so you can stock up on food, snacks and drinks if you choose to do so. The living room had a sofa-sleeper, chair and television. The kitchen had a bar stools and a counter for those who want to sit down to eat. We had two rooms, so one was a king suite and the other had two beds. Both were very nice and comfortable. I love the fact that there is a door to separate the bedroom from the living room. They had black-out curtains, so you could have a completely dark room to sleep. (LOVE LOVE LOVE!) The bathroom was also nice and modern. My one complaint was that there was a little bit of a mildew smell in the shower area. I assume that there may have been a leak. Other than that, it was GREAT.

PROPERTY: This place totally rocks! It is ideal for groups, but book early because they fill up pretty fast. Of course, they have the usual POOL, HOT TUB, and mini convenience STORE. BUT they also have other features that not many hotels at this price point can boast. I will list them because I know people hate to read paragraphs. LOL

*Theater Room -They have movies or you can bring your own!
*Outdoor Basketball Court
*Barbecue Grill
*Weekday Evening Reception

They also have a SHUTTLE, but make sure you make advanced arrangements because I don't believe it runs on weekends. Also, you have to give advanced notice if you do need to use it. (I'm not sure how many days of advanced notice are required.)

I later read that they also have complimentary laundry machines. I had no clue, but if they do, that's super cool!

The breakfast was pretty good. It was better than most, actually. I can't recall everything that they had, but I know there was a good variety and that the kids really enjoyed their breakfast.

Overall. we had a blast. You can actually come here as a group and have a mini-cation. It is equally good for a person who travels frequently for work. Although there seemed to be more vacationers, it was never loud and rowdy.

It is right off a main highway too, so if convenience is of importance, this is something to note as well.

Moral of the story is: GO! But we may have to fight if you take the last room when I'm in town! ;-)

Room Tip: One of our rooms was downstairs and the other was upstairs. I preferred the downstairs room because...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Butterflyki,
It's certainly a pleasure to read your review. We take great pride in the fact that our hotel and staff made your families stay a wonderful and memorable experience. Your honest and sincere comments are truly what we strive to provide all guest. Thank you for taking the time to send such a great response. Best Regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

First time staying at a IHG Staybridge, I was pretty happy with my one nighter and will definitely consider the chain for future business trips. Rooms were large with a full kitchen AND dishwasher. Bathroom was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel as a place to stay in Dallas.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Steve P,
Thank you for your feedback, so glad you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The staff has been super helpful, I have been staying here for the last several weeks on business, It's location is very convenient, easy access to shopping and restaurants. Plus it is much more quieter than staying close to the airport.
Plus I cannot say enough about the helpfulness of the staff, the front desk clerks have went out of their way on multiple occasions to make sure I got what I needed and they have been a pleasure to work with when making advance reservations.
The rooms and beds are much more comfortable than the place I had been staying at.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway on the North side are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jeff L,
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and truly appreciate the comments concerning the Front Desk and other staff members. We wish to extend our "welcome" to you anytime you’re in our area. Many thanks!!!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We visited the DFW area on a shopping trip and picked this hotel for the many amenities.

My family enjoyed the full size fridge, microwave and cooktop for preparing an evening snack.

This is the first hotel I have stayed in that had complementary laundry machines. It was a great benefit that we really enjoyed.

Our kids enjoyed the large movie theater. It was a nice place to relax.

The pool area is nicely landscape with a nice gazebo. There was also a basketball court that was a fun place to let go of some energy.

Our bedroom with two double beds was quite tight with not much room to walk around the beds. The beds were not the most comfortable... I would wake up stiff and happy it was morning.

Water pressure in the bathroom was very low. Maintenance was able to improve it a little, but it was still lower than I would have expected.

The breakfast and evening reception has quite a lot of selection bu the food quality was poor. We thought we would have breakfast here but often went elsewhere due to the quality of the food. Expect prepared food warmed up.

The staff were not very friendly. I had to wait at the front desk while the person finished what they were doing on their cell phone. If you were willing to wait your concern would be addressed but it didn't seem to be their first priority.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Dean M,

Thank you so much for your compliments. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the many amenities of our great hotel; however, it looks like we failed in a couple areas and I sincerely apologize the shortcomings. It is our goal to provide a Great Hotel - Guest Love with "expert" customer service; anything short of that is truly not acceptable. Therefore, I will use your comments as a teaching and coaching tool for the improvement of our staff, hotel and operation.

When traveling to the area again, I hope you'll give us another opportunity to show you what true Texas Hospitality is all about.