“Amazing hotel!”

StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Irving
“Amazing hotel!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great hotel! Just stayed the weekend for a youth baseball tournament and everything was perfect! Raquel, at the front desk was awesome! She created a wonderful first impression at check in and her helpfulness throughout our stay was excellent! The pool, basketball court, movie room and outdoor patio area were very nice and provided plenty of things for the kids to do! Will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed May 2014
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words and I will share your comments with my staff during our weekly meeting. We hope that the next time you are in Irving, you will choose the Staybridge Suites as your hotel.
Anita Michini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Giussano, Italy
Reviewed May 1, 2014

great service, large rooms with kitchen, swimming pool and training room. Very clean. little noisy but in the average. typical continental breakfast and laundry is also available for guests. Wi-fi available. i will return for sure

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to your return to our hotel.
Anita
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I'm typically a Marriott guy so when I planned a week-long business trip to Irving TX, I planned on finding a Marriott and staying consistent. My work location required me to be in the area just north of DFW and in looking over my options, I noticed this StayBridge Suites property which was just minutes from my work location. I was hesitant to make a reservation, as I have no previous experience with this brand.

Upon my arrival, check-in was swift and efficient. I was early (1:30pm) but the check-in staff graciously offered me an immediate room, or advised that my low-floor requested room would be available within the hour. I decided to wait and returned at 3:00pm to find a large and spotless suite. The housekeeping service was excellent and my room was refreshed each day.

Two things stand out when I think back over my 4-night stay. On my second night a very vocal dog moved in across the hall and proceeded to bark intermittently throughout the night. I spoke with the front desk staff at breakfast about the disturbance and two staff members immediately went down the hall and confirmed that that yes, there was a large dog barking in the room across the hall. I should have called during the night but I hoped the dog would quiet down. Ear plugs prevented a complete disaster. Upon my arrival back at my room later that day, I found a message on my voicemail from Manager Anita. She was most apologetic and informed me that staff had spoken to the dog's owner and advised him of the complaint. I phoned her office and she immediately picked up and addressed my concerns. She graciously offered one-night's worth of reward points to compensate me for my disturbed sleep as well as her sincere apology. The way she handled my complaint was pure professionalism in action.

The other service that makes this hotel exceptional is the care and attention that they put into their evening receptions. The lounge area is comfortable, spacious and inviting which is a nice change from the cramped quarters one often finds...as though the lounge was an afterthought. The food and beverages offered during the evening receptions went above and beyond the norm. I find this is often the place that hotels try to scrimp and save. The StayBridge Suites evening receptions were stocked with a plentiful supply of tasty and fresh food choices that far exceeded my expectations. The staff seemed happy to be providing this service instead of simply tolerating the guests.

The location of this hotel is fantastic if you are looking for close proximity to DFW. There are dozens of food and shopping choices within walking distance of the hotel. I left a very valuable and important item in my room when I checked out and by the time I got home, Anita had contacted me and made arrangements to ship me my item. Once again...excellent service!

On my future trips to Irving I will certainly look forward to returning to this hotel. I highly recommend it for both the comfort and convenience of the property, and the exceptional staff who work here.

Room Tip: I prefer a low-floor room with easy access to an exit. Although my room was near the lounge/laundry...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your very kind words. It was a pleasure to speak with you and I'm glad we were able to resolve the noise issue from the other room. We look forward to seeing you return the next time you are in Irving, TX.

Take care, safe travels
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I spent just a little over a month at this Staybridge and it was decent. Ground floor closest to the gym is convenient to the laundry, gym, exit/entrance, pool and breakfast area. There are a few drawbacks to all the "convenience" though. You can clearly hear the TV from the gym whenever its on and weights clinging together. It's a higher traffic area with the house-keeping and laundry station close be.
I had a leaky shower so I used a towel everyday to catch the water until about a month later the survey came that asks what can be done better. Although all items were addressed after the survey, there were a few things housekeeping should've reported .
Leaky shower
Dusty Walls
Bird droppings caked on the windows

The room itself has soft beds. Maybe just a tad soft for me. The kitchen is nice, although there is no oven to the 2 top burners I wish I had 2 more burners.. I know, I'm pushing it. I enjoy cooking. The living room is comfortable and cozy and so is the structured design of the room. Full size fridge and enough cabinet space to hold some groceries. I enjoy low toilets (tmi) and a lot of hotels have high leg swinging feet falling asleep high toilets. I guess my legs are short.

I can't blame everyone for one staff member so I must say that the staff is decent. Breakfast is more of a freeze and de-thaw or microwave kind of deal. It's a stay bridge and it accommodated my needs. I appreciated the complimentary washer and dryer and the housekeeping tidy up service.

There is a shopping center within walking distance, Walmart, Chllies, Ihop, Frye, Best Buy and a great Indian Cuisine Urban Tadka Dallas yum. Best sushi place I went to was a 10 minute drive Blue Fish yum. Caribbean Grill was delicious 25 minute drive. Texas de Brazil 25 minute drive.
There's an awesome Mexican restaurant a few miles away and the name has slipped me. The food, service and cost makes me yes to them again (I gotta remember the name)

Shuttle service available with proximity but I had a rental car this time.

Comfortable Stay all in all. Will be back.

Room Tip: I'm sure I'll be back to this hotel again for business and personal so another review is pos...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We really do appreciate your feedback. As the new General Manager, I will take a look at the rooms around the gym, laundry room and staff areas to see if we can reduce the amount of noise that our guest will experience. Additionally, I have tasted the breakfast and will take a look at our preparation to ensure that we have an exceptional breakfast buffet. I just recently spoke with a guest that is vegan and we reviewed what we currently have vs. why would fit their diet. We will be adding a non-dairy milk to widen the choice of items.

Again, Thank you for your comments, we really do appreciate it and hopefully when you return we will have made improvements.
Whitney, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2014

What more could one want. Rooms done in what I refer to as "Modern" style. Compact, but very efficient & cozy layout. Excellent arrangement for the business traveler alone; or, a couple; one night; or, several. Has become one of our "go-to" places. Incredible bedding!!!

In great area of DFW Metroplex for safety, lots of quality restaurants & shopping. Superb freeway access. Shuttle to DFW Airport ( check hours available ).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear LoboCPA1,

Thank you so much for your compliments. I so happy that you found the hotel not only comfortable but a little special too. Thats how we think about this hotel well. Thank you also for reminding people to check about the airport shuttle, we run the shuttle Mon - Fri 7am - 11pm

We appreciate your review and your recommendation, please come again soon.

Gigi
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were conducting a week long professional certification program and wanted to compliment this hotel. The facilities were in top condition, the staff was responsive in every area and the amenities were ahead of the competition.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Hogan Hospitality

Thank you very much for your nice words. I am so proud of the team here and I am very happy we made a positive impression with our product. Our owners take real pride in their building.

Please come back very soon, thank you for your recommendation

Gigi
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Planned a four night stay that was extended by inclimitate weather. The rooms are great. We had a Queen Studio, it has a queen bed, sofa, 2 footstools Table/Desk, Small Kitchenette, Shower & Toilet with sink in dressing area. We like these kind of rooms. Gives you space to kick back watch a little tv and with the kitchenette you don't have to eat out as often. This hotel has an evening social Tuesday through Thursday, which includes light meal, desert, beer, wine and soft drinks. They also serve breakfast daily which includes some kind of egg (scrambled, omlet, etc.), usually a meat, with breads, pastries, boiled eggs, cereals (hot & cold). The staff here is excellent. We will return to this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family