New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North

StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North
Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in Irving
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Another great Staybridge Suites!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Staybridge Suites has become my hotel chain of choice now when travelling on both business and personal trips. And this property just outside of the DFW airport in Irving, TX did not dissappoint. The hotel is easy to find and is right off of the highway. It is located near a number of shops and restaurants if you decide to go out for dinner locally. Normally I have a studio suite, but this time I had a 1-bedroom king suite, and it was awesome. The decor is super swank and actually pretty luxurious for the price point. Everything feels new and updated. My favorite things about all Staybridge hotels and this one was exactly the same, is that there are plenty of outlets for electronic gadgets (and they are in logical places), and the free wi-fi is super fast. I found it really easy to get work done and to get a great night sleep. The bed was super comfy and the shower was really good too. My only complaint about the room itself is the faucet in the bathroom, while really cool, did not produce enough pressure and it made it hard to shave in the morning! The free breakfast in the morning is good and a step above most other chain hotel's free breakfasts. I really enjoyed this stay and will stay here again the next time I am in the DFW area.

• 4 of 5 stars
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, April 24, 2013

Such a great endorsement of the hotel and the brand! Thank you for a wonderful review, I am so glad we exceeded your expectations. I will definitely look into the water pressure.

Come back and see us soon.

Gigi Newbern

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very friendly staff and a good property made my business trip a lot better. Great style and up to date looks and a Theater room on top of it was all the better. The social they have mid week is nice, only thing that wasn't on top was the breakfast it left a lot to be desired but it was free and there were a couple of decent items there to choose from.

• 5 of 5 stars
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
AReezy,

Thank you so much for your feed back and your referral. Please come again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good location in a well kept building. The rooms are a good size. Staff were friendly and helpful. Hot breakfast every morning and dinner social three nights per week. Never any issues getting to and from the airport via the hotel shuttle. Near many restaurants, gas stations and a walmart. There is not a lot of traffic in the area. Easy access to interstate. House keeping could have been more thorough with cleanings. Maintenance requests were handled promptly. The walls are thin and I could hear my neighbors talking and snoring at times. The bathrooms are also very small. Otherwise it was a good stay and I would recommend it to anyone. If I'm ever in the area again, this will be my first choice to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear AReezy,

Thank you for your recommendation and your kind words. We truly appreciate your feedback, I have heard comments from other guests similar to yours and we are putting a sleep package together to help solve that issue.

Thank you again and please come back soon.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love this property. However, the only issue I have is the time in which they make you wait for shuttle ride. I called the hotel at least 3 hours before my arrival time and they were still 45 minutes late picking me up. However, the driver is very friendly and always willing to go above and beyond to ensure the guest is receiving the best possible service. Overall I recommend anyone to stay here. The entire hotel is clean and the staff is wonderful. Just need to work on having visitors picked up on time and weekend shuttle service. Not all visitors will rent a car and they do not provide shuttle service on the weekend which is a inconvenience to those who need to get dinner or go to the store.

lovers4life_abdc

Thank you so much for your feedback about our shuttle service, it is a need area and I am working to improve it. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we truly appreciate the referral.

Come back soon.

San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here five times last summer. I was able to call and negotiate a discount rate to save my company some money on travel expenses. They were able to accommodate my extra bicycles and the staff where very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
WilliamY

Thank you for noticing my great team. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our on site storage for guests.

Come back soo and thanks again.

Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for nearly six months while on a job assignment. The hotel staff is very friendly and by the time I left I knew most of them by their first name. They recently hired a new GM and she is really making some good changes. It may seem little, but she fixed a washing machine that had been out for several months during my stay. She also had equipment in the fitness room repaired so that it all could be used. The hotel provides a reception 3 nights a week and even the food quality improved with the new GM. You can't get much closer to the DFW airport. I could leave the hotel, park, and take a shuttle and be at my gate in less than 30 minutes. There are many restaurants within 1-2 miles of the location. You can have fast food or a nicer meal with little driving. They also provide shuttle service if you are there without a car. It is definitely worth checking if you are in the DFW area.
The only drawback is that if you are on a lower floor you can hear movement in the rooms above you. If you have a noisy group you might sleep well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear dcaro07,

Thank you for this review! I really appreciate your feedback. When you are with us for such a long time, you really get to know us. We all want to make a difference and I thank you for noticing the changes I am making.

We miss you, come back soon!

Fayetteville, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am a Director of Sales at another IHG property in Fayetteville Arkansas and I have to say that I know to always expect the best when staying in other properties like my own but they exceeded those expectations and went above and beyond for me.
I travel into that area a lot and I am very happy to say that I have found my hotel of choice. The way the front desk handles issues with guests is impeccable! Our AC was out the first night and we called and they didn’t even hesitate to try to come fix it, give us a fan, and ensure that their engineer would fix it that next morning. After the engineer came up they called to make sure it was fixed and still working properly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
StaybridgeDFWNorth, Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Razorbackhotel, Thank you so much! I will definitely share your comments with the team. I appreciate your comments and look forward to meeting you on your return trip. I am sorry that the AC gave your trouble but I am glad we responded quickly.

Thanks Again,