StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$269
  • Pool
All reviewsdfw airportdvd playerfree breakfast in the morningone bedroom suitefull size refrigeratorshuttle servicewater pressureup to dateinternet speedkey cardliving areadecent hotelbathroom doorhotel stayworkout roomwafflesbusiness trip
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed in the 2BR suite with friends the night before we all flew out of DFW for a vacation. Chose this hotel because they had free parking during our trip and because we wanted a 2-bedroom suite, so we could hang out with our friends the night before our trip. The hotel is very nicely decorated, and our suite was clean. The "living room" area of the suite was extremely small. Check-in was smooth. Breakfast was great. Shuttle service to the airport in the morning was good.

My only complaint is that we could not get the shuttle back to the hotel from the airport when we returned from our trip. This was not made clear to me when I made the reservation, and we had to pay $30 for a taxi back to the hotel to get to our car. That was an unpleasant surprise after a very long day of traveling. Next time I'll stay somewhere I can get shuttle service both ways.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2012

In all our travels we have never had a more positive experience! Our original plans were to stay for three weeks, but due to my need for emergency surgery two days into the trip, our visit was extended to six weeks. Though the circumstances were unfortunate, the staff at Staybridge Suites made every effort to make our stay comfortable, including, but not limited to, changing out my bed for a lower one to make it easier for me to get into bed during my convalescence.

We have never experience a staff such as this that truly seem to care about their guests, as well as each other. Warm hospitality, clean, attractive facility and rooms, wonderful accommodation and reasonable prices.

Included in the price were hot or cold breakfast daily, a buffet dinner three nights a week – including free wine and beer, Internet access, local telephone calls, cable TV, renewal of kitchen essentials such as dishwasher tabs and dish washing liquid, and for leisure, access to their in-house cinema and gym, and of course the pool and the hot tub.

This Staybridge is also in a great location! Within 15 minutes of DFW, minutes, even walking distance from retail business such as Best Buy, Walmart and Kohls. Great selection of restaurants sit down such as Salt Grass, Applebees, Jason's Deli and i Fratelli Pizza, as well as, a multitude of fast food restaurants including Arby's, Steak and Shake, Taco Bell and KFC. What more could one ask for on a long term stay?!

Finally, this Staybridge is located 10 minutes from the Las Colinas Medical Center. Trust me, you never know when you might need one. The last thing I expected was to end up in the hospital – so for those like us traveling in from overseas, don’t forget your holiday insurance; the medical bill was well over $120K.

Our sincere thanks to Charlie, Rita, Kashyap (Kay), Carla and ALL the staff not least the maintenance guys, for making this a quite remarkable experience. Please be there for us when we return in September/October!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed here on the first couple of days in February 2012 and chose this hotel based on the reviews. I otherwise, didn't really consider Staybridge Suites in the past. I was truly wowed by the room in which I stayed (suite 101) which was a one bedroom suite.

First things first, the hotel is located right off Interstate 635 (LBJ) freeway and is relatively close to the airport (about 15 minutes from the rental car area). There are plenty of restaurants just a short drive along the service road. The exterior of the hotel is rather basic looking and doesn't do justice to what I found inside. Check-in was easy and the front desk person was very nice. When I found out my room was on the first floor, I asked for a higher room, but none were available with a suite, only studios. So I opted to keep the one bedroom suite and am glad I did.

The suite is rather small, but is so nicely decorated and furnished that it felt extremely cozy and comfortable. The dark woods are warm and rich and the fixtures are exquisite, not what one would find in a typical hotel. The tiles in the kitchen and bathroom are made to look like wood floors and are very nice. There's a kitchen with a full size refrigerator, flat top stove, microwave, sink, granite counter tops, plenty of cabinets and a pantry. There are also a couple of very nice bar stools at the counter right next to the living room area.

The living room is rather small and feels a little bit cluttered with a sofa and large (and very comfortable) leather chair. There are two small ottomans in the middle and a work desk with another comfortable work chair. The lighting is very relaxing in the room. There's also a remote control thermostat that can be adjusted just by pointing it at the ceiling. Very cool. Although a little tight, I found the living room area to be pleasant.

The living room has a 32" LCD HDTV and all the channels are truly in HD! The TV selection is very different from most hotels. They have Time Warner cable and it includes a package with a substantial set of channels and even a channel guide similar to what you might find at home with listings of shows coming up and descriptions. Loved it! There's also free on demand, but not the typical free preview on demand found in most hotels. These were on-demand shows like you might find at home too. They had about 20 or so networks on demand such as CBS, ABC, TNT, Cartoon Network, HBO, etc. I watched a couple of episodes of Big Bang Theory I had previously missed. The TV sits on top of a nice stand with storage underneath. There's also a DVD player hooked up.

There are double doors to the bedroom which has a comfortable king size bed, two night stands and another 32" TV on top of another stand with storage. The bedroom is about the same size as the living room and was extremely comfortable. There's an extra chair next to the bed too.

Adjacent to the bedroom is the bathroom with a vanity and closet outside the bathroom door, then the toilet and a large shower behind the door. There wasn't a tub in this suite which I prefer. The shower is large and the water pressure was quite good.

The hotel has a pool and fitness area which I didn't use. There's also a theater with a huge screen, but I'm not exactly sure how it works to utilize it. They have free breakfast and 'dinner' during specific hours. The breakfast includes hot foods although I just had a danish and some fruit. I didn't check out the food after work, but they had meatballs one of the nights I was there.

There is also free high speed internet (wired and wireless). I used the wired assuming it would be a bit faster and didn't have any issues with typical web surfing or checking e-mails. I didn't do anything that would have required substantial speed.

The only drawbacks I found were minor. For example, being on the first floor, I had a view of parked cars right outside my window. I usually like to keep the curtains open for natural light, especially in the morning, but didn't since everyone going by could see inside. The light switch in the bathroom also turned on the loud fan. I wasn't a fan of that.

Here's a tip about the power saving option they have in the rooms. The rooms require that a key be placed into a slot in the room to turn on the power (lights, TV, etc.) in the room. If you take out that key, it also shuts off the TV's cable box and it takes a while to reboot it. So be patient if anyone pulls that key out of the slot.

All in all, I really enjoyed my stay here and find myself wishing I could have stayed longer (was only there 2 nights) in this little oasis away from home. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BC97
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Definitely will stay again, 2 toddlers and wife had plenty of room for for, the separated bedroom living area with kitchenette were great. Nice clean rooms and Restuarants within a mile Chilis, Cheddars, Razoos, Salt Grass just to name a few. Also next door is 24ht fitness, but fitness room is fine as well. Theater room for movie night, breakfast with waffles eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, fruits all were good.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Let me start by saying I travel A LOT for work - about 200 days/year for the past 10 years. Suffice it to say, I've stayed in plenty of hotels all over the country. When you consider the friendly and accommodating staff, amenities (there's a theater room and free laundry!!), location and convenience, this is the best place I've been. Everyone on the hotel staff, from maintenance to manager, is top-notch. I stayed for 4 1/2 months and had my wife & 3 kids stay with me for about six weeks of it. The hotel staff made all of us feel right at home. The kiddos loved the pool and the theater; my wife and I loved the proximity to restaurants and the 24-Hr Fitness (right next door...). Even after my family returned to Colorado, several members of the staff continued to ask about them for the rest of my stay. The pool was under renovation the last month or so while I was there - not a big deal b/c the weather had cooled off considerably by that time. I could nit-pick about the size of the rooms (a little on the snug side) and some of the evening meals (hard to complain about free food, though...) but I've learned over the years not to sweat the small stuff. No hotel is perfect, but this one is pretty close!

Room Tip: If you're traveling solo, go with the studio suite. Family, the two-bedroom is the way to go.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business