“Love eating burgers here.”
Review of River Road Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I really enjoy coming to this log cabin cafe for lunch every now and then. The owner, who is also the cook, is a really nice guy who makes really good burgers. He is often the only one in here, unless it's busy.

Very simple fare here. The burgers come on sweet white buns, which are amazing. The buns, I believe, could be Sheila Parton buns. I've had those at a defunct restaurant called the Stables in Houston and at the Wyndham Garden in Austin. Fresh, homemade potato AND sweet potato chips serve as a very down to earth side dish. And sometimes, I get a melt, which is also good.

It is very homey and warm in this cafe. It's a log cabin, and in a small, charming town like Ingram, it's very lovely. I found it to be a very good place to have lunch and maybe breakfast on Sundays. Check it out if you're in the area.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We were steered here by a local antiques dealer. It lived up to her rave reviews. You order and pick up at the counter, but since we arrived at an odd hour the owner/chef became our waiter. My wife had the special, fish tacos, and I had a Rueben. Both were delicious. Great food at a reasonable price.