“Best of the Best”

Sherwood Park, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Let me start by saying this was the best seafood we have ever had. I just wish we had found it earlier in our trip. We spent our last 4 evening dinners here as a family of four on a 18 day trip. The food was outstanding,the portions plentiful, the prices very reasonable and the owners caring and warm hosts.

The food choice was huge from seafood (fresh whole fish and lobster daily), pasta, pizza to authentic Mexican. Usually you find a restaurant that specializes and is good at one type of dish, but not here everything was fresh and good as it gets. We tried all four seafood, pasta, pizza and Mexican dishes and it had us coming back for more the next night.

If your going to the Coba ruins or any other day trip in the area you have to stop in it will be the best meal of your trip. Also worth the trip for an evening dinner in the jungle from Tulum (20km)

Also if your looking for accommodations in the area the owner Erika and her husband have a beautiful cabana rental for up to a family of four located two blocks from there restaurant and at the midway point between the town of Tulum and the Coba ruins. Ideal for a central tour home base. Cabana is called: Casa Selva Orquideas.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Trevor M

Flanders, New Jersey
“New York City/Paris has nothing over the food here!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have had so many of the items served here. Let me tell you, I am from NYC and very interested in good food. I have never had fish, shrimp, fish soup and so much more that is beyond words. The best is not even enough for this food. It is well worth the 20 k. drive from Tulum to get here to eat. You will go home feeling so satisfied. More than enough food, and the taste is beyond compare. I can't wait to try the different pizza's, they added the ovens after I left. This place is out in the middle between Tulum and Coba, you would not expect to find a 5 star place to eat - especially kid and animal friendly anywhere. Take the time to go and enjoy. The owners are always there and are so friendly and helpful. They know the area well and are always willing to help you.

• Visited October 2013