“for bourbon lovers”

Garrison Brothers Distillery
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Hye
More attraction details
Owner description: Garrison Brothers Distillery is Texas' first and oldest bourbon distillery. Our bourbon is hand-made from corn to cork right here on our little ranch. Tours are Thursday through Sunday @ 10am, noon, 2pm & 4pm. We'll teach you the entire process on how great bourbon is made. You'll taste our sweet mash, sample our white dog & end your visit with a taste of our fine bourbon. We strongly encourage that you call ahead so we can place you on our tour schedule.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Garrisson Bros was the first legally licensed distillers of bourbon in Texas. Located 2 miles so of the little village of Hye between Fredericksburg and Johnson City Tx it is worth the $10 2 hr tour of their distillery out in the hills. They show you how the distillation process works and you get to sample the product at various times during the process. They can also now legally sell their product except on Sundays. Tours last about 2 hrs and they have a little general store where you can buy t-shirts, bourgeon glasses, caps, etc. Closed on mondays and tues.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

What a gorgeous view! Loved the tour. It was so informative, and everyone at the Distillery was so knowledgeable and friendly. I am not a spirits drinker, but I'd pay to take the tour again if ever back in the Fredericksburg area again. Personally, I thought $109.00 for a bottle was quite pricey, but then again, since I don't drink or purchase it, perhaps it's in line.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I took my parents here for an outing, and I am glad I did. Not only was the tour fun and informative, but the scenery of the wildflowers blooming in the hill country was pretty spectacular. We went on a Saturday because that worked best in our schedule. The cost on Saturdays is $20, but only $10 on other days. Be sure to get reservations online, so you don't drive out there and find out the tours are full. If you have problems with stairs and walking, be warned that you may have some difficulties. My dad made it, but it was not easy for him...However, where there's a will, there's a way. He really enjoyed the bourbon! Garrison Brothers is the only bourbon distillery in Texas and it sounds like they are doing things right. I am planning to go again with my husband and our adult children. There are also lots of other places to go see in and around Fredericksburg. After lunch in Fredericksburg, we went on and toured the LBJ Ranch. It was a great day!

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

This was a great field trip. We had a tour of the distillery and and tasting. The best part came when we got to dip and seal out own bottle bourbon! What an adventure!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We've visited numerous wineries and a couple of breweries so we decided to take a tour at a distillery. The tour costs $10 and well worth the time spent learning about the entire distilling process. It's nice to simply be out in the countryside for a couple of hours. When you drive up, help yourself to a drink of water or beer from the refrigerator on the front porch. Then sit in the swing or one of the wooden chairs provided and wait for your turn to take the "shuttle" to the distillery. Each step of the process was explained in an interesting and fun manner. Tasting the product at each step was interesting as well. Great tour!