“Warm and Fuzzy Feelings”

Garrison Brothers Distillery
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Hye
More attraction details
Owner description: Garrison Brothers Distillery is Texas' first and oldest bourbon distillery. Our bourbon is hand-made from corn to cork right here on our little ranch. Tours are Thursday through Sunday @ 10am, noon, 2pm & 4pm. We'll teach you the entire process on how great bourbon is made. You'll taste our sweet mash, sample our white dog & end your visit with a taste of our fine bourbon. We strongly encourage that you call ahead so we can place you on our tour schedule.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a great tour. Best way to find Garrison's is from Main street downtown so you won't miss the directional signs. You arrive at a little cabin where you pay your tour fee and meet your guide. The guide takes you by hayless hay ride to the distillery up the hill. Chris, our guide, walked us through the grounds explaining the history of Garrisons and the grain process. We enjoyed the grain in it's granular form, beer form, 'white dog' form, bottling stage, shipping stage and to the final tasting in it's prime form, a sipping bourbon.
Listen to the instructions at each stage and you will not only enjoy the tour but learn to enjoy the fine Texas bourbon that they are very proud to say is Garrison Brothers.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was an awesome tour of how bourbon is made. They took you through the steps of bourbon making and let you taste the product in its fermentation stages! At the end of the tour you got to taste the finished product. It is a high end artisanal bourbon and the only one made in Texas. They also told you the proper way to drink bourbon! The tour was well worth the admission of $10 during the week. On weekends it's $20 and probably very crowded so I would recommend going during the week!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I first visited here for our 1 year anniversary in 2012. We were doing the wine trails and came upon garrison brothers. Being taken on the tour with a small group of 6 people really made the experience feel personnal as did the family-like atmosphere. Getting a chance to taste the product along each step of the process really made us appreciate how good bourbon is made, and got us all the more excited for the final product. And boy did it not disappoint. Since that time, we now purchase Garrison Brothers Bourbon for all of our family members throughout the holidays and we have over 20 converts now. This June, we had the opportunity to attend the Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, a Fried Chicken Lunch/Auction held at the Distillery. If you ever have the opportunity to do this, jump for it! We got to meet the entire family and see how involved GB is in the surrounding community and how much everyone supports each other. We are truly GB for life and can't wait to watch them grow!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very well organized tour. I enjoyed the nice touch of having complementary chilled wine or water available to drink, while waiting for the tour to begin. Scenery is gorgeous & the short ride on the wagon out to the distillery was fun. I agree with the previous reviewer that the lesson on properly drinking bourbon was great & added to the tasting experience. I was surprised that they couldn't sell their product, due to liquor law restrictions, but they did have a few other items for sale at the end of the tour. I recommend the tour & encourage you to go online & buy tickets before driving out there.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We did the tour and it was very interesting. We got to taste the product at various stages (mash, before going into oak, etc.). What was really cool was the "lesson" on properly drinking a bourbon. Who knew?! Certainly increases your appreciation of it. The only thing I'm not crazy about are the high price points of the bourbon. We purchased some at the store down the street before the tour and they are quite proud of it. I've had some great Kentucky bourbons at about half the price point of these. While I thought the bourbons were very good, I didn't think the price is warranted.