“Interesting Tour and Good Bourbon”

Garrison Brothers Distillery
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Hye
More attraction details
Owner description: Garrison Brothers Distillery is Texas' first and oldest bourbon distillery. Our bourbon is hand-made from corn to cork right here on our little ranch. Tours are Thursday through Sunday @ 10am, noon, 2pm & 4pm. We'll teach you the entire process on how great bourbon is made. You'll taste our sweet mash, sample our white dog & end your visit with a taste of our fine bourbon. We strongly encourage that you call ahead so we can place you on our tour schedule.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We did the tour and it was very interesting. We got to taste the product at various stages (mash, before going into oak, etc.). What was really cool was the "lesson" on properly drinking a bourbon. Who knew?! Certainly increases your appreciation of it. The only thing I'm not crazy about are the high price points of the bourbon. We purchased some at the store down the street before the tour and they are quite proud of it. I've had some great Kentucky bourbons at about half the price point of these. While I thought the bourbons were very good, I didn't think the price is warranted.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you're in the Texas Hill Country, definitely stop by for a tour. The scenery is gorgeous, the tour is informative, and the people are Texas-friendly. Be sure to make reservations online, especially for weekend tours. Get there 10-15 minutes early to check in and grab a beer (free beer but they ask for a donation). The tour starts very promptly and I don't think they let you catch up with the group if you're late! As other reviewers mentioned, they are not currently allowed to sell their bourbon there at the distillery but we were told that a bill just passed that will change that (take effect in September, I believe).

My only "complaint" (and it's not really a complaint) is that it is difficult to reach a human being if you have a problem with the online ticket ordering system. Eventually I did reach someone, but their website didn't make it easy.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

FUN, FUN, FUN distillery tour - had a great time, which is a great addition your Texas Hill Country getaway. Professionally done with the Texas flair that you'd expect. An excellent product, but also a very well-done tour experience. And, they'll be enhancing the tour experience come September when you'll be able to dip your own bottle, too - we'll be going back for that :) Well done & very enjoyable!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We received free passes from Rose Hill Manor to visit the distillery and I'm so happy we went. We took a tour of the facility, we were taken through different steps of the distilling process by employees, all very friendly and knowledge. I think what impressed me the most was the pride they all had in their product. It's a good feeling to see a small business grow and do well. AND the bourbon is really good too. I'm not a bourbon drinker but they gave sample and suggested the best way to sip it to really enjoy the flavor and I did! I would recommend everyone going on a tour, the cost is $10 pp during the week and totally worth it.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Took a tour this afternoon and had a very nice time. Learned so much about bourbon and tasted my first ever white dog. A nice change from the winery tastings. Highly recommend this tour.