“Great little "mom and pop" cafe”
Review of Texan Cafe

Texan Cafe
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Hutto
Cuisines: Southwestern, Steakhouse
Reviewed March 22, 2014

On spring break with the grandkids, we like to find cafes (not restaurants) that are down home and not "chain" places. This little gem is a perfect example. They have really good food and a wide variety that will offer something for almost every palate. They even have a daily blue plate special. (haven't seen that in years.) The staff is very friendly, although on the date and at the time we were there, they seems a little understaffed. However, the wait was pleasant with the small-town atmosphere and the food was worth the wait. Good meal and pleasant experience.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I (with my daughters) decided to eat at this place as my mother and father were taking me to eat for my birthday. There seemed to be a wait when we walked in. We waited 10 minute before we were even acknowledged. As we are waiting there, there is another couple walking in. Finally, the guy with the mohawk(come to find out is the owner) comes over to take our name and how many in the party. I tell him my name, with 5 in the party and then he asks the other couple their name and how many. (by this time there is a booth available) He takes the family of 4 and seats them. He didn't bother to accomodate us and ask if we wanted it and he could just add a seat to the table. So we let that go. Next there was a table with 4 seats. By then there is another family that has entered. He asks how many and they had 4, so he seats them. I jump in and tell him," We can take that one, if you could add an extra chair or what about the table behind you(that one had just come available) He had the nerve to snap on me and tell me, "That table on seats 4, plus there is party in front of you and will you just calm down?" Ugh, excuse me! I have been waiting here for 30 minutes to be seated and you want me to calm down!? I grabbed my family and walked out! I will NEVER return or EVER recommend anyone to this place. He is so RUDE!!

6  Thank LScott2003
Reviewed March 5, 2014

They have the best pie I have ever eaten here! I'm working through the pie menu!! Oh, and the meals are good too.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had heard the chicken fried steak was good there but I had a hankering for something different. I got the blue bacon burger. It was too dry and well done for my tastes. The fries tasted as if they were baked frozen fries. I had a slice of the peanut butter pie. Good stuff!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food here is always fresh and made on-site. The Fried Pickle Chips or Fried Mushrooms are a requirement to try as an appetizer. You will NOT be disappointed.
Some of the best and lightest breading I have ever had on chicken strips. Most places you get a ton of breading and very little chicken. Not so here. The breading is just right, so you get the flavor of the breading, AND the delightful taste and flavor of the chicken.
All of the salad dressings are made fresh and onsite, and are so good they need to bottle them.
If you go here, be SURE to save room for desert. They always have a HUGE assortment of desserts, from banana puddings and the wonderful Frame Switch Lemon Cake, to amazing pies like the Chocolate Turtle Pie or the Peanut Butter Pie, all made from scratch right onsite.

texancafe, Owner at Texan Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thanks we are proud to bring you such goodies. Ron

Been to Texan Cafe? Share your experiences!