“Best pie in the state of Texas!!”
Review of Texan Cafe

Texan Cafe
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Hutto
Cuisines: Southwestern, Steakhouse
Reviewed March 5, 2014

They have the best pie I have ever eaten here! I'm working through the pie menu!! Oh, and the meals are good too.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had heard the chicken fried steak was good there but I had a hankering for something different. I got the blue bacon burger. It was too dry and well done for my tastes. The fries tasted as if they were baked frozen fries. I had a slice of the peanut butter pie. Good stuff!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food here is always fresh and made on-site. The Fried Pickle Chips or Fried Mushrooms are a requirement to try as an appetizer. You will NOT be disappointed.
Some of the best and lightest breading I have ever had on chicken strips. Most places you get a ton of breading and very little chicken. Not so here. The breading is just right, so you get the flavor of the breading, AND the delightful taste and flavor of the chicken.
All of the salad dressings are made fresh and onsite, and are so good they need to bottle them.
If you go here, be SURE to save room for desert. They always have a HUGE assortment of desserts, from banana puddings and the wonderful Frame Switch Lemon Cake, to amazing pies like the Chocolate Turtle Pie or the Peanut Butter Pie, all made from scratch right onsite.

texancafe, Owner at Texan Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thanks we are proud to bring you such goodies. Ron

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I'd been hearing about this restaurant and their pie happy hour for a couple of years but never stopped in. I'm a pie snob so the pie had better be excellent. It was. They are fresh baked and delicious. I had the chocolate covered cherry pie and my husband had the s'mores pie but actually we split them so we each had both. These pies should be illegal! I was licking the plate. Pricey ($4.99 a slice?) but worth it. Buying a full pie would be a better deal (to go) if you can agree on a flavor. Happy hour gives you pie and a drink for $4.49.

We did not eat a meal as it was mid-afternoon but the menu looked good. Typical Southern cafe fare but I asked about the vegetables for the vegetable plate because I'm vegetarian. The waitress said most do not have bacon fat or other meat products and they are informed if for some reason something does. She did comment that it would be hard for a vegan since the vegetables are soaked in a lot of yummy butter. That isn't an issue for me but I was glad that she actually understood the differences.

We will definitely stop in again for pie and maybe a meal. But we'll eat dessert first!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We came across this cafe by accident and we're so glad we did. The food was delicious, not chain restaurant style. The biscuits were light, buttery and oh so perfect. But the main attraction has to be the desserts. We noticed many guests came just to eat pie and celebrate. There were so many pies to choose from as well as cakes and cobblers it was hard to make a decision.. We had a total of 6 different ones and each one was amazing. The atmosphere is small town cafe, clean, neat, friendly and no TV's blaring with the latest sports event. It was also child friendly.

texancafe, Owner at Texan Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Glad you happened to find us - and that you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for mentioning no TVs we are commited to not installing these in hopes that families and friends try that old fashioned technique of talking to each other.

Been to Texan Cafe? Share your experiences!