“Make sure you don't take your care to the Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hutto
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hutto
Round Rock, Texas
“Make sure you don't take your care to the Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

My car was keyed and pictures of my car were taken after the keying by the person who did it. I saw the person do it but the Holiday Inn Express will not provide incriminating video of the incident to me. You see I was visiting my daughter so was not a guest but at the hotel as not a guest but a guest of a guest. So I guess that makes it alright for my car to be keyed by a paying customer. Not cool.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Las Vegas
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Outstanding. If your're planning on staying near Hutto Texas, this is the place. Our room was next to the elevator on the 3rd floor. No noise at all. The hotel was fully booked over Thanksgiving and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2010

The hotel decor is very nice, staff is friendly, nice accommodations, however, they skimped on soundproofing. We could hear conversations in the hallway and rooms next to us as clear as can be. When our neighbors flushed their toilets or took showers we thought it sounded like it was in our room. What a shame to spend that much money on constructing a new hotel and properly soundproof the rooms.

Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Cuero
Reviewed August 31, 2010

This was the very best hotel I have ever stayed in. We were there because we had a graveside service for my mother at the Hutto Cementery. Checked in on Friday, service Sat at 9:30. The staff accomadated us above and beyond anything we had expected. Highly professional and caring. We rented the meeting room for our family gathering as no family member lived in the area anymore. The staff made sure everything was right and offered assistance anytime needed it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to stay there again soon.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
chicago
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Upon entering this incredibly stylish hotel complete with retro modern furnishings, lightings and even wallpaper, you are greeted by very polite front desk personnel who are never rushed and always friendly.

When you close your room door behind you, the world is shut out. These rooms have great sound proofing. We never heard other guests in rooms or in the hallways. The climate control in the rooms work and is easy to figure out. Our king bed came complete with a "soft" pillow and a "firm" one, as the embroidery on the pillow cases said! The bathrooms are very spacious, even the shower can easily accommodate 2 people without freezing your back on the walls!

The rooms are equipped with fridge, coffee maker and supplies as well as a mini microwave. The bed mattress was very comfortable, no "slumpy" parts, I'd assume they rotate and flip the mattresses.

The morning continental breakfast has convenient times, and a clean, well-stocked breakfast bar.

We found our entire stay very pleasant, and would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Lubbock
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel is very very clean! The people that work there are really nice. I have stayed at this hotel many of times and I have never had one problem! The kids love the indoor pool too!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Plantersville, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Saturday night as we were traveling through the area for business conference in Austin the next day.

The hotel is newly constructed with attractive lobby area and rooms. The bedding is nice, however not quite as comfortable as other similar priced facilities such as the Hampton.

The weather was mild - not too warm or too cold so I did not realize initially that the heat & ac unit had not kicked on - we checked in and went to late lunch at The Texan Cafe based on reviews from Texas Monthly Best Small Cafes (more on that later).

We then toured around town and decided to go out for a movie. When we returned it was about 11 pm and ready for some rest. I walked in and the room felt stuffy - I went to thermostat on wall and lowered temperature so that we could get a little air moving. Nothing happened - then I tried to just simply turn on the fan, just to move the air. No response to that either...by this time it was late and some folks had checked in next to our room and above us (we were on the 2nd floor). You could hear the televisions, toliets flush and every door opening and closing.

I was very disappointed in the heating and cooling unit - no, I did not call front desk as it was about midnight by this time and my husband was sleeping. I drifted off to sleep only to be awakened by the noises from the room above ours with doors opening and closing - showers and toliets - etc. Definitely needs some sound proofing OR allow the units to come on when the guest tries to turn on the fan which would filter out some of the other noise

The comp breakfast was disappointing - biscuits and bagels were cold and hard. No one monitoring the breakfast area - the food service ladies were behind pantry area and did not come out to see if anything was needed.

I have not tried Holiday Inn in many years - I remember why now. Don't think I will hold this against the entire chain but I was disappointed. I will go back to my Hampton choice - sorry Holiday Inn Express but their comfortable beds are so much better than yours AND I have never had the problem of noise distractions.

• Liked — Friendly front desk staff and nicely decorated.
  • Disliked — All the noise.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hutto
Hampton Inn & Suites Hutto
Best Western Taylor Inn
Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock
Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock
Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock
Best Western Executive Inn
Best Western Executive Inn
#3 of 26 in Round Rock

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hutto? Share your experiences!