“Don't bother......They don't care!”
Review of Texas Star Bakery

Texas Star Bakery
Ranked #3 of 6 Bakeries in Hurst
Keller, Texas
“Don't bother......They don't care!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I ordered a cake by phone for a girl's 3rd birthday with a Hello Kitty puff picture. Everything went well up until the day I picked it up. I was in a rush and they could not find the cake. It took almost 10 minutes for them to locate it and by then I had 20 people just about on my doorstep for the party. They finally found the cake and flipped open the top quickly and gave me the total. I paid quickly and left. After 3PM we went to open the cake and it said Happy 3rd Birthday Saith! Her name is FAITH! As in Faith, Hope and Charity.

I was so excited to order a cake for this party and have had many wonderful cakes from this shop over the years through a friend who brings them into work. My cake had little flavor and it was not fresh tasting like they normally are and had about 3 pounds of frosting. It was not what I expected.

I called this morning and talked to someone who basically said "too bad you didn't catch it" and there is nothing I can do for you. I will NOT be ordering from them in the future and I will tell my friend not to in the future as well. Our company ends up having at least 5 cakes per month from this bakery but I don't think they care about losing the business. I wouldn't bother in the future.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Laura B

Hurst, Texas, United States
“Local Bakery does good!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This little shop on the corner of Hurstview and Harwood excels in making people happy. The breads are chockful of goodness, the cupcakes come in many flavors-lemon, carrot, red velvet. The cakes are not only pretty to the eye but they are amazing to the mouth! The German chocolate was a mile high, dense, rich, and every bite was worth every calorie!

• Visited January 2014
Grand Prairie, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will Never Order A Cake Agin!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Ordered two previous cakes, no problem. But, ordered a cake 6 weeks before for a bridal shower on Sunday 9/29/13, called at 8am Saturday and they obviously did not have the cake, but said it would be ready at 2:00. Sent my mother to pick it up, she told them the bow was too small, but took the cake. When she got home with it, I could not believe it!!!!Horrible!!!. We ordered a larger size cake and the bow on it was ridiculously too small and the dots looked terrible. I called them and after arguing with them for a while ( which is terrible customer service to argue with your customer , telling the customer that the cake looks great) The cake designer said she would be proud to take it to a shower. And because they were closing and closed tomorrow the best she could offer was to charge me $30 more for a larger bow. $30 more, they should have said something when I ordered the cake, now that is two trips to Hurst which is a 35 minute drive each way and to pay more for the bow! This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced and to argue with me about the way the cake looked! I will never order from them again!! Oh and the icing was smeared on the cake and it was supposed to be fondant icing. If they mess up your cake they are obviously not willing to do anything to satisfy their customers.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank morgansdesigns
Grapevine, Texas
“Fake Buttercream Icing”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

You'd think when you go to a "real" bakery, you'd get the "real deal" product. But no, as gorgeous as the cupcakes appear, that's not true buttercream icing. Instead, it's the nasty Crisco-like substitute (I asked and though difficult for the counter guy to admit, he succumbed; but quickly noted, it was a very high quality shortening). Sadly, they lack even a tease of flavor.

• Visited July 2013
Hurst, Texas
“AMAZING CAKE WORK!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My duaghter had her 10 year bithday this past Jan. She wanted a Paris themed party with an Eiffel Tower cake. Not A sheet cake, a 3D Cake! Placing the order was so easy and the guy helping me knew exactly what I wanted and was able to do it. The even more amazing part, the price!!! I was afraid it would be an outrageous amount but I was very suprised!! When we picked up the cake it almost brought me to tears...it was exactly what we had in mind!! She was so excited!!! My husband picked up the cake for me and he got a loaf of their pumpkin bread....that's ALL he talks about every time we drive by! He loved it! So they also have other awesome baked goods besides cake!!

• Visited January 2013