“Tasty and well prepared without the costs of aesthetics and cloth napkins.”
Review of Golden Bowl Cafe

Golden Bowl Cafe
Ranked #67 of 138 Restaurants in Hurst
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Hurst, Texas
“Tasty and well prepared without the costs of aesthetics and cloth napkins.”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

This restaurant is one of those so-called chinese restaurants that serve a menu invented in San Francisco USA in the 1930's. The recipes are as American as apple pie. I patronize this place pretty often and they are consistent, tasty, and courteous being owned and operated by a family. They are very generous with the portions, and it's easy to make two meals from one. I prefer a sauce on my meal that isn't normally served, and they are happy to custom create anything you wish. Lunch and Dinner menu available anytime, and the luncheon portions are sized such that a middle-aged adult can't finish it. Prices from $5 to $10 include a side soup or egg roll, and a choice of rice. They also offer the mongolian style where the customer picks their ingredients from a make table, then they hand it off to the kitchen to stir fry your creation. The place is plain and simple, the foods tasty, and the value exceptional.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank Arnold_Ziffel

Fort Worth, Texas
“Best Chinese - Food, Value, Service in DFW”
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I use to drive to Waco to get good Chinese food. And I have tasted Chinese restaurants in DFW, from Euless, Lewisville, Frisco, Irving and Ft. Worth. None compare to this restaurant until I found Golden Bowl. They have competitive, valued prices; exceptional food (if not a bit salty), and great service. The owners recognize my voice and know my name even after 4 months of not visiting. Highly recommended!!!

North Texas
“Fresh and friendly”
Reviewed April 4, 2010

This is one of our favorite places to eat. There are many choices from the menu but my fav is to go to the veggie bar and fill my own bowl. Then I choose the meat (or shrimp) and the sauce and they stir fry it all for me. Sometimes I think they add food to what I already put in the bowl because there is so much that comes out on my plate! The sauces are tasty without being overpowering.
The staff is genuinely friendly and remember us from past visits. It started as a 'mom & pop' place but they've since picked up a few more employees who are loyal as they are familiar faces when we return. We've been going about 5 years now.
The atmosphere seems a bit cold but I really like the color scheme and simplicity. It would be nice to be more intimate, but I'm not sure how that could be achieved without seriously cutting down on the number of tables, which aren't a lot to begin with.