“not bad but...”
Review of Danny D's BBQ - CLOSED

Danny D's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: At Danny D’s we create great barbeque everyday. From our tender and juicy brisket and ribs, to our house-made sausage and smoked turkey breast, we work hard to bring the best to you and your family. 40 plus years of success has taught us the importance of quality ingredients with the perfect combination of smoke, time and temperature. Enjoy a traditional Texas style barbeque sandwich or platter, or try some of our seasonal fare. Cold smoked turkey and ham deli sandwiches in the summer, a bowl of beans and sausage or Dave’s home-made chili in the winter. All served by our friendly staff. You can dine in, take out, entertain in our banquet room or at your location with our delivery and catering service.
texas
“not bad but...”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

probably not going back.

So I stopped in for lunch the other day...I was pretty hungry....I ordered the sandwich plate...I think it was about $8.50 or so, which included a side and a drink. The help at the front desk was very friendly.

The sandwich itself was pretty tasty, but gee whiz, If they think their sandwich which is no bigger than a McDonald's cheese burger is going to cut it for an average adult, they better think again. This little sandwich was accompanied by a medium-sized mound of cole slaw, which again was good, but not enough of it to make up for the small sandwich. No rolls or bread, either. So the question is, how much money do I need to spend at this place to fill me up? I could've eaten 2 of these meals....easy....and I'm not a large guy...5'10 155 lbs.

I don't like ragging on local businesses, and the food at this place really is pretty tasty, but if the owners read this and find that people aren't coming through the doors, this might be a reason why. The only good thing about my visit was that I didn't bring my whole family and spend 50 bucks on it. Tom

• Visited September 2012

“New Ownership!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

After almost 50 years of providing the best, this restaurant has gone through 4 ownership changes in the last few years. The great news is that it has just been bought by Pat, one of the long-time managers in the good years, who also owns D-Too BBQ, which was Danny D's second location years ago. Pat is planning to hire K.C. to run this one, as he is also a long-timer from the old days. With original recipes coming back, this will be the BBQ place to be! Go Pat!

• Visited June 2012
“Still doing it right”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This BBQ place has been here since I was in Jr High (Many many years) and it is some of the best BBQ I've ever had. They offer great portions for the price and their beans are yummy.

Visited February 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Gem of 'Q Joint in Hurst TX"”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Contrary to other reviewers, good brisket is not easy to find, and bad brisket makes for bad BBQ. Danny D's does some serious-good brisket. We use them for parties and celebrations and the brisket always gets complimented. The meat is dry smoked, comes out moist and tender, and their BBQ sauce is an excellent complement to the food. Danny D's covers the rest of the meats and has good sides, too (like their fried okra). The all you can eat ribs (on Thurs) is a great value, and the ribs are pretty good, but Danny D's brisket is their outstanding contribution to BBQ.

• Visited December 2011
“Ribs!”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

You can get good brisket almost anywhere. Nobody does ribs better than Danny D's. I don't even understand how a place like Spring Creek can advertise how good their ribs are, or how people can order them there. If you like ribs at Spring Creek, or Dickey's, or wherever, you haven't had good ribs until you've had them here. Come on Wed. or Thurs. for all-you-can-eat. You won't be sorry.

• Visited August 2011