“Best Mexican food this side of the border”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #1 of 136 Restaurants in Hurst
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
NJ
“Best Mexican food this side of the border”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Beautifully appointed restaurant, high sky-painted ceiling gave the feel of being outside. Food was delicious, fairly priced, and overly abundant. They're moving soon to a new location just down the street. Don't miss this local gem.

Visited March 2014

Truro Nova Scotia Canada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was part of a meeting group close to Abuelo's and our group ate here often. The servers were fantastic and seemed to enjoy working at this property. Food and drinks were very good.

Visited December 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
“Dine In or Carry Out”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Abuelo's is dependable and delicious whether you dine in or carry out. This location is hard to get to right now with all of the construction going on around it. However, it is worth the hassle.

Visited November 2013
Mead, Colorado, United States
“Good food & good service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were in town for a funeral and I had dinner with my cousins. Not only was the food fantastic the server was very friendly. He had us laughing and increased the dinning experience. That meal set the tone for the rest of the stay. It will be a dinner that sticks in my memories for a long time.

The portions are huge so if you are a light eater you may want to share with some one. I would be a regular if it was near me.

A+ dinning

• Visited October 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“Just Average”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have Abuelo's in Kansas and the food just seemed to taste fresher. My chicken fajitas tasted as if they came out of a bagged and was warmed up, also all I got with my fajitas was onions...there was no green peppers or red peppers. The service was just ok as well. I would eat here again if I am staying at the hotels nearby again.

• Visited October 2013