“Good food & good service”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Hurst
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were in town for a funeral and I had dinner with my cousins. Not only was the food fantastic the server was very friendly. He had us laughing and increased the dinning experience. That meal set the tone for the rest of the stay. It will be a dinner that sticks in my memories for a long time.

The portions are huge so if you are a light eater you may want to share with some one. I would be a regular if it was near me.

A+ dinning

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have Abuelo's in Kansas and the food just seemed to taste fresher. My chicken fajitas tasted as if they came out of a bagged and was warmed up, also all I got with my fajitas was onions...there was no green peppers or red peppers. The service was just ok as well. I would eat here again if I am staying at the hotels nearby again.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Wonderful ambiance. Service was a bit slow but we were there for Happy Hour. Excellent Happy Hour menu and beverages. We ordered two orders of carnitas tacos, shared an order of chimichangas, I had a margarita and our total was under $20.00!! Can't beat the prices. Great place to stop after work or after a long day just to have a lite bite to eat. We have never had a dinner here because we have found that the prices during Happy Hour are hard to beat.

Oh getting into the restaurant can be tricky because of the construction that is going on. If you are coming off the freeway, just keep traveling along the street in front of the restaurant and there is an opening to their parking lot. Might be better off turning right on street just before restaurant and enter parking lot from that end.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

From the initial greeting to the waiter who mix our salas with chips at our table to the beautiful surroundings, the atmosphere for a truely great meal was created. What followed was a wonderful eating and drinking experience. The margarita menu was full of great drink wonders. The food menu offered a superb variety of the best Mexican American we had ever experienced. The atmosphere plus drink and food made the a wonderful eating experience. Rating in amongst the best ever in this catagory of foods. A must try is the Chile Relleno.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Abuelos has a good variety which is more than usual beans and rice--beans and rice. Try the potatoes. I rate chili rellenos at all Mexican restaurants and this is quite acceptable. Many other places mess up on rellenos. Good atmosphere. Sketchy service.

Been to Abuelo's? Share your experiences!