“Abuelo's has the nicest Mexican Restaurants in the area”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #1 of 136 Restaurants in Hurst
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Dallas, Texas
“Abuelo's has the nicest Mexican Restaurants in the area”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Abuelo's Mexican Embassy in Hurst is a very nice place to impress your date. Great atmosphere, the food is good and service is great.
They also have a great selection of different kinds of Margaritas and other mixed drinks.
Overall, a nice dining experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Martha W

Argyle, Texas
“Good food, good servers, snippy hostess”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I really like Abuelo's. It has a nice atmosphere, good food, and generally good service. It has become our go-to happy hour spot. This week, however, I arrived about 10 minutes before my friends. I told the hostess I was meeting a group and she said that they were not there yet. That was the extent of her attention to her customer. She did not ask if I would like to sit down or have a drink. She just went back to her discussion with a co-worker, never looking at me again and leaving me standing awkwardly by the door for several minutes. Finally a server saw me and asked if I needed assistance. I told him I was waiting for a group but would like to be seated. He then told the hostess, who I guess was embarrassed that she was not doing her job. She admonished me by huffily announcing, "You could have just told me you wanted to sit down!" I was momentarily speechless at her rude tone. Then she and her co-worker looked at each other and rolled their eyes. It was like an episode of "Restaurant Stakeout" that you think is fake because people wouldn't really behave that badly.

Orem, Utah
“Loved the Food at Abuelo's”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were staying right next to Abuelo's and decided to eat Tex-Mex one night. Abuelo's came up having positive reviews and so we choose to go there. The food was excellent. Loved the chips and the flavor variety of the 3 salsa's that came out with them. Food was well presented and delicious. Great service and beautiful decor.

• Visited March 2013
Milwaukee
“The Mexican Embassy”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Ordered a 'grande' combination. I loved the regular beef taco - as well as the stuffed pepper. The enchiladas tasted very authentic, but that isn't one of my favorite things. The Margarita was great.

Visited March 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Typical mexican restaurant”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is your tyical mexican restaurant. Keeping in mind that in this area we have them by the hundreds lol. This is definitely a step above taco bell or taco cabana but it does not distinguish itself apart from the other countless mexican restaurants in town

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta