“Whirly Ball is a bizarre and fun place”

WhirlyBall & LaserWhirld Mid-Cities
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Hurst
More attraction details
Owner description: Open 24 hours with reservation!WhirlyBall, a competitive mix of lacrosse and basketball played in bumpercars, is the perfect game for your birthday party or corporate event! At WhirlyBall / LaserWhirld HEB, we have two large whirlyball courts, a brand new laser tag arena, several party rooms to accommodate any size group, tons of arcade games, drinks, and the best catered food around! Whether you plan to celebrate a birthday or get the office together for some fun after-hours, WhirlyBall / LaserWhirld HEB is the place to go for an event no one will forget!
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Whirly Ball is a fun place that is good for kids and adults...yes, I know that cliche to say but in this case it is appropriate. I don't know exactly how to describe Whirly Ball. Their website describes it as "A mechanized team sport that is a combination of basketball, hockey and jai-alai played while riding an electrically powered bumper car." I am not sure about the hockey. I would say that is is kind of like playing lacrosse while driving around in bumper cars.

Regardless, it is a fun and very unique place. I have been there with kids for kids birthday parties and I have been there later at night with adults tp play and both are fun. Different but fun.

I recommend it. You need I think 10 people to play (5 on 5) but it is best to rent a court for an hour or two and half 15 to 20 people or more and rotate through who plays or at least that is how we have done it.

Date of experience: June 2012