“BLACK EYED PEA RESTAURANT - HURST, TX”
Review of Black Eyed Pea Restaurant - CLOSED

Black Eyed Pea Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: (817) 428-1096 - 900 Airport Fwy, #2034, Hurst, TX
Description: (817) 428-1096 - 900 Airport Fwy, #2034, Hurst, TX
Hurst, Texas
“BLACK EYED PEA RESTAURANT - HURST, TX”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Black Eyed Pea Restaurant is a chain of restaurants that has been around a long time. This location in Hurst, TX has been here quite awhile, and has survived the current construction zone of the highway and Hurst City Hall improvements in front of it and beside it. The food is home-cooking style, and prices are reasonable. Staff/service can sometimes be slow when the restaurant is full. Have seen lots of large groups and birthday parties held there, so it's affordable to enjoy with family/friends.

Visited June 2013

Hurst, Texas
“Food is Nasty!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I ordered Dumplings. It was broth!!! Not white like it should be. The dumplings didn't taste good. I sent it back. Was told I didn't know what it was supposed to look like! My mother made chiken and dumplings all my life. I know what it looks like and I know how it SHOULD taste like!

Visited June 2012
Bedford, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Food/Service in Tarrant County”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We eat out alot. Have not eaten at this Black Eyed Pea in over 2 years due to previous experience there. Ordered 2 "take out" Entree Salads a week or so ago. One was the Black Berry salad with grilled chicken and Feta cheese for around $11.00. The three (3 ONLY) blackberries in the salad all had mold on them, lettuce was wilted, dressing was watery. Overall grade Yuck. Forgot to mention the grilled chicken was cooked to the consistency of our dog's treats we buy. The other salad - around $10 dollars - also had the grilled dog treats - was inedible.
Called the Manager - evidently just a title. No juice! He offered to refund if I drive back. I suggested he send me an email to state he would comp me my next two entrees upon next visit. Very carefully provided email address, made said Manager repeat it back. Still nothing at this writing. I checked SPAM folder daily.
Go Hungry before you visit this place!

• Visited May 2012