“ASKING FOR TIPS?!”

Zena Sushi
Ranked #50 of 141 Restaurants in Hurst
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I really liked the food but the service was really rude and didn't communicate with me and my Fiance. Then right before we left they were asking for us to leave a tip, I told the woman that I had left a tip and she glanced over and said there wasn't a tip on the table. It really irritated me for them to basicly ask me for a tip for poor service... Refilling my drink when the glass isnt even empty doesn't get you good tips, I'm sorry. Oh and also they charged me $12 for a 5 piece sushi... I think that is really over princed.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My sister and I visited this restaurant for lunch. We ordered the Tempura Shrimp and Vegetables as an appetizer and then 2 rolls (I can't remember which, one had soft shell crab). both were very good. Service was a little slow considering there weren't many people in the restaurant, but we weren't really in a hurry so it wasn't an issue. Overall, very good dining experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The service was friendly, helpful, and NOT hovering or pushy! Made for a great ladies night out. You MUST try the Ahi Tuna Tower. I think I could eat it every day! The place felt clean. Also the seaweed salad deserves a taste. Actually, there was NOTHING I wouldn't like to go back and try again. Volcano roll should be on your list, too. I guess what I'm trying to say is either go more more than once or go hungry!

Went back a few weeks later for lunch and was equally impressed. Definitely worth a try!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

This tiny little sushi place is really very good. The Northeast Mall Roll is my favorite and the Squid salad is super yummy. Their cold house sake is also very light and fresh not like some that taste like rubbing alcohol. Have not had anything here I didn't like. Service can tend to be a little slow at times.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We recently moved to Ft Worth and to my husband's horror, Northeast Mall in Hurst is 5 minutes by car, so on a recent outing to the movies, we spotted Zena Sushi within easy walking of the cinema. It's a mall so we had low expectations and were delightfully surprised - fabulous FRESH sushi (on a week night) at very good prices. (We expected our bill to be much higher so an additional pleasant surprise).
Good service (attentive without irritating and pleasant as well). A lot of the locals really enjoy the food here and were return customers, and we've been there several times since - well worth your time if you enjoy great sushi, great service at a moderate price.

Been to Zena Sushi? Share your experiences!