“Great express!!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hurst
Dallas, Texas
“Great express!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

When we first pulled up to this hotel, it was just another Holiday Inn Express. Then we walked inside. This is no ordinary Express. We were very supprised. The attention to detail and decor is AWSOME. I had to keep reminding myself this was an Express in the city. Beautiful woodwork and trim everywhere. Even in the halls. Beautiful art everywhere, including the rooms. I kept reminding myself that I wasnt in a resort! The pool area was magnificent for this class of hotel. Beautiful and comfortable business room. The breakfast room looked like a very nice restaurant would. Now the room. I look hard to find con's. There isn't any. Beautiful colors and furniture. Microwave, frig. couch, wall thermostat, flat screens, of course. Then theres that tiled walk in shower. What a shower. This is a shower that is better then some 5 star resorts we've been in. Beautiful tile floor to ceiling. Great job Holiday Inn!! We Hope that more like this one are on the way!! If I have to pick cons on this one it would be. The girl trying to keep up with the breakfast needed help. There was alot of items that were out. She was trying, but with all the people, couldnt do it. Food was average. What you would expect. Whenever Were in this area, this is where I'm staying!

Room Tip: There all good.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mur018
Mandi C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Express & Suites West Hurst, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay at our hotel. We were very pleased that you found the accommodations to be clean and comfortable, that you enjoyed the room, and that the service you received exceeded your expectations.

We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Mandi Cabrera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Longview, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This was my first stay at this particular Holiday Inn Express. I will tell you that the rst of this chain needs to step it up , because this was my best experience at ANY hotel ever : ) Great job staff. Also the nicest and largest room ever.

Room Tip: Book one week in advance.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank LisaDT
Mandi C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Express & Suites West Hurst, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
We appreciate your comments after your recent stay with us and are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will chose our hotel again should you return to the Hurst area.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My family lives nearby, so I travel to this area a few times per year. There are 3 hotels side by side, and so far, I have only stayed at the Hyatt next door. I like the Hyatt, but it is the oldest of the three and my last visit was not pleasant, so I decided to try the HIE.

The good: The building is relatively new and, for the most part, well maintained. There were a few minor bugs (the toilet seat wouldn't stay up, and the handle was loose,) but overall, I thought the building itself was nice. (Although, to be completely honest, the design of the shower "looks" nice, but is actually very drafty since there is no door or curtain.)

The bad: From the very start when I made a phone call to make some inquiries, the service was not what I would expect from any hotel staff, let alone one in this tier. The entire staff seems to not want to be bothered with the guests - they seem to just want to give you the room key and after that, you're on your own. My significant other left a pair of jogging pants on the bed, and they were not there after the room was cleaned. We assumed that they must have been hidden in the linen and probably got washed when the bed was turned down. When we explained this to multiple front desk employees, no one bothered to ask housekeeping, or even look anywhere, they just told us that nothing had been found.

Moving on to the breakfast... I actually liked the breakfast much better than at the Hyatt - on the first day. I don't mind that the pancake machine thing was out of service for the rest of the trip... it happens. What annoys me is that the ENTIRE staff descends upon the breakfast area about 10 minutes before the end of the breakfast service and picks it completely clean whether guests are just getting there or not. I had two housekeepers ride down in the elevator with me from the top floor as I was walking to the breakfast area. They then proceeded to help themselves to what little was left before I even had a chance to touch it.

I'm actually not that difficult to please when it comes to hotels. I can overlook a lot of minor details if the staff is friendly and helpful. The staff at this particular hotel, however, failed to make me feel welcome at every single interaction with only one exception. The lady that checked me in seemed cheerful and pleasant. Everyone else seemed to loathe their job. It's a shame too. I really wanted to like this hotel. The building is nice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Shawn D
Thank you for the comments after your recent stay. We appreciate your candid remarks and value guest feedback as one of the most important hallmarks in the hospitality industry. Please know that we take them seriously and utilize the information to make what we do that much better.
Tulsa OK
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stay here when we have several family members visiting relatives in Keller Texas.
It has always been very clean, good morning breakfast with lots of seating available.
Pool, smallish workout room.

As well as located close to the interstate. There are several restaurants nearby and one Italian next door which one can walk to.

Three stays and we have not been disappointed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BeeJL56
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the Holiday Inn Express brand, and are pleased that you chose our hotel while visiting family in Keller.

We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the area.
Trussville, Alabama
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My family stayed here for a wedding in the area. This was the nicest Holiday Inn Express I have stayed in and I have stayed in quite a few over the years. We had a two queen suite which was great. The furnishings were more upscale than what is typically found in HI Express and was very much appreciated. The nice touch was that the room had two televisions, one in the living area and another in the bedroom area. This helped to avoid an argument or two on football Saturday.

The breakfast offered was free and typical HI Express fare, nothing memorable but it wasn't bad.

I would definitely stay here when in the area again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if possible, the extra living area is nice to have especially for families.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JuJuinBama
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Please advise the mgr that there is mold or must on the shower box tiled walls and that they forgot to clean my room on 10/12.
Greg Johnson
Priority Club Platinum member

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 7727
Brownsburg, Indiana
Reviewed October 4, 2011

If every Holiday Inn Express looked like this one, I would never hesitate to stay in any of them. This hotel is simply a cut above virtually every other HIE that I've ever stayed in. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioner worked well, the fixtures were new. Everything was great. The shower was an actual shower with marble walls. My biggest problem with HIEs is they are inconsistent, but this one is definitely a good one.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurst
Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Hurst
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-DFW ARPT W-SH 183 Hurst
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 6 in North Richland Hills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth NE Mall
Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall
Travelodge North Richland Hills/Dallas/Fort Worth
Travelodge North Richland Hills/...
#2 of 6 in North Richland Hills

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel Express & Suites West Hurst? Share your experiences!