“Old tasting, dried out spicy chicken”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
Ranked #91 of 113 Restaurants in Huntsville
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Huntsville, TX
“Old tasting, dried out spicy chicken”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I normally do not write bad reviews. If I don't like something, I usually do not review it at all.
I usually love Popeye's spicy chicken. I had eaten at this Popeye's before, and had not had a very good experience, but I decided to try again. It was 12 noon, and the chicken looked and tasted like it might have been warmed up from the day before. It was dark, and dried out, and they only had a few pieces left. The biscuits weren't even ready yet. I was the only one in line and there was another man who had placed an order, and I still had to wait about 10 minutes.
Even though we live near Huntsville and come into town quite often, I told my husband to never let me eat at this Popeye's chicken again.

• Visited July 2012

Trinity, Texas
“Sad service.”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The food is typical Popeye's, but the employees are rude and slow.

Visited August 2011
Huntsville, Texas
“Terrible service”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

This is not the first time I have had to sit in the drive through for more than ten minutes but today I was there for a total of 25 minutes. When I finally pulled up to order, I was asked to please wait they would be with me in a bit. When my order was finally taken, they were out of what I wanted. I was then asked to wait again. I was asked for my order a second time, this time my order included sweet tea, they were out of that so I ordered a coke with my meal. When I got to the window I was told they were out of coke, I ordered sprite. I was then asked to pull up to wait some more on my order of 3 chicken tender combo meal. I asked for the dipping sauce for the dippin chicken that they were out of to begin with and they had no dipping sauce, I was not asked if I wanted a different kind so I got tenders, dry! I would never recommend this place to anyone unless they have all day to wait on orders to be told they are out!!!!

• Visited December 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Bad customer experience”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Food: Great

Cleaniness of the store: the tables were dirty

Service: below average, we were not greeted my the district manager, store manager or the staff. He was staring at us before, during and after our meal. As we were leaving, he went to the back of the store. we felt like convicts instead of welcomed guests. Yesterday, we just came from the popeyes on canal street in New Orleans. Although they were crowed, the overall experience was better.

Areas of improvement: All employees at this location need "the Fred Factor" Training, to sum it up. The book was written by mark sanborn. This book will teach everyone to value and to treat everyone (customers, boss, etc) like you would treat your mother or family member "Lamar Hunt".

• Visited August 2011
Huntsville, Texas
“Love my Popeye's (Out of Town)”
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Popeye's is my favorite chicken place. Not the one in Huntsville. The place is nover clean. The chicken often tastes of rancid grease. As often as not they are out of what ever you try to order. Just not up to the standards that I have come to love and expect from Popeye's.

• Visited February 2011