“Good home cooking with homestyle atmosphere”
Review of Farmhouse Cafe

Farmhouse Cafe
Ranked #1 of 121 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I booked my group of 15 for lunch Saturday 7/26/14 at the Farmhouse Café. We were promptly seated at our reservation time, and promptly given menus and asked for our drink orders. The service was awesome giving that we had one server who took care of the group perfectly! I'm just sorry I didn't get his name so I could give it here. He was great with everyone. The food was very tasty and plenty of it! Make sure you leave room for the pies. We all tried a different one and had the opportunity to taste each one. Each one was just as yummy as the other. I would advise making reservations during lunch time as it gets quite busy as from what we saw the locals are here all the time and in numbers.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My credit card was ran twice for the same visit and I have been trying to get it refunded since April. When they respond or answer the phone they just say will have to get back to you. Not sure if there is anyone there running the place or not.

3  Thank bryan v
Reviewed July 8, 2014

In my opinion this is one of the best restaurants in Huntsville. Get there early before they start to sell out of the daily specials. Meals come with yeast rolls or broccoli cornbread. Both are good. You can't go wrong with one of the daily specials or the chicken fried steaks, but Thursday's pot roast is my favorite. I also recommend the poppyseed chicken on Mondays. Best appetizers are fried pickles but the coconut shrimp are not shabby. Large portions, but try to save room for dessert. My favorite is the Italian Creme Cake, but it sells out quickly. The lemon pie and the coconut cream pie are both good. If you don't have room for dessert they will be glad to package your dessert to go home with you. Not the best service but food comes quickly and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. A good choice that you won't regret. Come hungry.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to really love this place but must be honest. There were 3 things we tried to order but the waitress said they were out of it. It was 6:30 pm on a Saturday night. Turnip greens, cornbread, poppyseed chicken and a certain pie. The service was not great and there were a lot of wait staff standing around talking to each other. The food did not have much flavor.
When we left none of our party was impressed with any of it.

3  Thank Rebel2013
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were in town for orientation. Our daughter had been here several times and suggested it. Don't be deceived by it's outside appearance. It's definitely a "down home" place. Very relaxed inside. We were seated quickly and the staff was prompt. We started with fried pickles, a must and will be ordered every time. We had the cheeseburger and chicken fried chicken. Both were very good. The sides were good as well. Heads up, it's a byob place so bring your own. The sell entire pies to go so bring your appetite. We'll definitely be going back. Loved the laid back, general store atmosphere.

1  Thank Mark D