“Good Home Cooking”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We've been to the Farmhouse Cafe a few times while visiting our daughter @ Sam Houston. They offer good, fresh food at a fair price. We recently discovered they are BYOB, but be sure to BYOG (bring your own glasses) unless you enjoy drinking your wine out of Texas-size water glasses.

They need to work on their service. Most of the wait staff are college kids but that's no excuse. We had a pile of empty plates sit on our table through the meal. I had to finally ask our waiter to clear them.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Good food and at food price. And my waiter Danny was excellent. Support the local restaurants and enjoy a meal at the FarmHouse Cafe.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Farmhouse Cafe provides some of the best home cooking that you will find! You may have to wait a while, but I assure you that it is well worth the wait - you will be rewarded with excellent food that is expertly prepared. It is obvious that quality ingredients are used, and that the food is made with pride. When they said that they have the best pies and cakes around, I was skeptical. I have to admit that I was wrong - terribly wrong, to be skeptical. They absolutely have some of the best pies that you will ever eat. The service is probably their weakest area - most all are college students. They are very friendly - just not terribly efficient. Trust me, this is a very minor inconvenience compared to the quality of the meals and desserts. If you are in Huntsville around meal time, I will promise you that you will not regret stopping at the Farmhouse Cafe to eat. The food is spectacular and reasonably priced to boot! Save room for dessert - I assure you that you will thank me later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank jmark999
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I know, because we like it well enough that we drive 30 from another county. If we lived nearby, we'd eat here every week. And we'd get here early...my only complaint is that they so often sell out of the daily special and/or desserts before we arrive.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Good menu. Service from college kids was okay. Daily specials add a little, but not necessary.