“Hidden Gem in Downtown Huntsville”

Cloud 9 at Health and Energy
Ranked #22 of 115 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Huntsville, Texas
“Hidden Gem in Downtown Huntsville”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I'm a student at the local college, and I happened to notice this place while I was walking through downtown. I decided to check it out, because I'd remembered an acquaintance had told me they had good coffee there. I was in for an extremely pleasant surprise. I walked in, and it was nearly empty. There was beautiful classical music playing softly over the loudspeakers.The employees were very generous, kind, and pleasant, and helped me right away. As a vegetarian, it's quite hard to find good places to eat, so I was quite relieved to see they had vegetarian options on the menu. I ordered a veggie sandwich and a cup of coffee, and my meal was out to me in less than five minutes. The food was fresh and excellent, and my acquaintance hadn't been lying about the coffee-that stuff was so good, I could totally drink it without sugar. And I'm not even much of a coffee person. My meal ended up costing around five dollars or so, which was an excellent deal. The menu itself is rather small, and doesn't have that many options, but that doesn't really matter. The food is simple, but absolutely delicious. They don't serve the gargantuan portions you see in some restaurants--they're rather small, but, in my opinion, it was just the right amount of food. The only bad thing about this place is the fact that it's only open for lunch.
You know, this is the first time I've been impressed enough with a place that I felt compelled to go and write a review about it, but seriously, more people need to know about this place. I've been looking for good places to eat in Huntsville that had prices reasonable enough that even a poor college student like me could eat there regularly. This place is totally one of the best ones I've found.
I was really surprised there weren't more students coming here, I guess it just hasn't been 'discovered' yet. I think I've found a new favorite lunch place, though. I'm totally going back there tomorrow.

2 Thank sammisomara

Huntsville, Texas
“Great food but not impressed with the *amorous* staff”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My wife and I have been to Could 9 numerous times....in fact we used to go about once a week to have their turkey sandwiches and homemade soups. The food is simple yet good and hearty. They also make protein drinks that are pretty good. We stopped going a little over a year ago because we were in the middle of our lunch when the town squeeze walked in and we were literally ignored for the rest of our meal. The staff had always talked about this woman that comes in to eat and is just drop dead gorgeous. That is fine but you cannot ignore the rest of your customers when she walks in. We literally had to walk over to the table where this woman was sitting because the owner and the entire waitstaff was sitting with her and eating lunch with her. We couldn't get refills or our check when we were done. They did not even seem to care that their others customers were put off with this treatment. It's a shame that this happened because as I said, the food is good but never again will we go back. Have some professionalism.

6 Thank papidog6510