Quality Suites
$50
Hotwire.com
$48
Travelocity
All reviewsliving arearoom was nice and cleanstayed two nightsvisiting huntsvillebreakfast roomvalue for the moneyone night stayparking lotwafflesnice stayfree breakfastsweatshirtcomfortinterstate
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Well, I am not sure what is going on with this Hotel. I would expect more from Choice Hotels. I just really do not know where to start. First, I was the first to arrive, by the time the front desk clerk arrived, there were 3 people waiting in line...Seriously? Wait, I am sorry, there was a sign saying, "please ring bell for service." That's it, all good now right? NOT!!! Arrived in the room, spacious and lots of room...that's a good thing. However, it went down from there. Literally, the toilet seat was falling off, both beds squeaked so loud and just not a very good sign. Well, ending on a good note, breakfast was pretty good...Hot coffee and fresh food and so forth... Just not sure if I will stay here again...

Room Tip: No exit out, you have to go like 3-4 miles out of the way to get our of the area...Just be aware of that...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I made my travel arrangements for a meeting in Huntsville about a month and a half before I needed to come up here. My coworkers, who I was going to carpool with, said they always stayed at Comfort Suites and it was nice and clean. Plus since we would have just one car, it meant that we could just knock on each others doors to go some place. Then, on the day we are traveling to Huntsville, at around 10:45am, I get a voicemail that I could barely understand but heard enough that it was from the hotel. I call back and get told that I have been sent to another hotel down the street because they overbooked. I explain that I am with other people traveling, and other than letting me know that I could stay with my coworkers in their rooms, the hotel made no offer to do anything other than give me a letter saying what happened so I could use it to try and get a reimbursement for a non-approved room. While I will not say which hotel I was sent to, as their is not a review against them, it was awful. If they had to do something to make it look like they corrected their mistake, it should have been done with a comparable hotel. The room smelled, had old moldy carpet, no hairdryer or iron in the room (I packed anticipating access to an iron) and the TV worked when it wanted to. Not to mention having outside access, which as a single woman I have always avoided. Being that it was last minute I really did not have time to plan for another hotel search and did not want to burden my coworkers. I understand that accidents happen, and I have stayed with the Choice Hotels brand in the past with much success, but it is very frustrating that this could not have been discovered even the day before so I could have made plans. And just for whining sake, I missed out on having a breakfast of more than cereal and old fruit.

Room Tip: Make sure to call in advance to ensure that you have a place to stay!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LindseyL224
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Everything was good here. Except the pool. I would never let my kids swim in it. It was nasty stagnet looking water. Wish they served breakfast on the weekends at 6 instead of 7am. Our room was nice and clean. Beds were a little hard and their pillows weren't all that. Thank goodness I always travel with my own pillows! But I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have in the past stayed many times at this location. However, the property has become run down and the staff is indifferent. The tub had pubic hairs on the wall and this was brought to our attention by our 7 year old who informed us she didn't want to shower in that place. The walls were damaged in the rooms. The counters at breakfast, which displayed the food, were all dirty. And the lady in charge was busy sitting int he back picking at her teeth!!!

We were also given a key initially to a room that was occupied. Thank goodness they were not IN the room at the time we opened the door. We have contacted the manager via telephone as well as on site to call us. However, we have never received a call from anyone.

So sad to see a place we used to prefer become so run down and indifferent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carolyn F
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Hotel is fairly new and location is convenient to I-45. Inside was kept up and clean, and the breakfast is one of the best of any hotel I've stayed in, with many choices and hot and fresh. Rooms were comfortable, large and clean, and slept well on the bed. A good choice if you need to stay in Huntsville.

Room Tip: Book on top floor at back so you don't hear noise from I-45.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business