“Don't waste your Money”
Review of El Chico - CLOSED

El Chico
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: El Chico in Huntsville; a Tex-Mex restaurant that was established since 1940, was voted the Best Mexican restaurant and as the Best Steak place in 2013. Come and try our delicious and reasonably priced entree's, you will surely be impressed. Take Exit 116 on I-45 when you are heading to Dallas from Houston, we are on the feeder road.
Bull Run
“Don't waste your Money”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

we ad a semi-trainee (a few weeks of experience) and the kitchen staff played a joke onher by giving us the wrong food and she didn't know how to fix the problem. Couldn't find the manager and she didn't see the problem. I grew up in Dallas and know their menu by heart - don'tr go there, it's a shame really as the food is normally good here. Find the next El Chico but ignore this 0ne at all cost!

• Visited July 2013

Hearne, Texas
“Got our Mexican food fix @ El Chico”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were on our way to drop my sister-in-law off in Conroe on Sunday May 12. She wanted a cool one and some Mexican food before some medical tests later on in the week.
We stopped at the El Chico.. It was nice and clean.. We had a very nice waitress.. Our order came quickly and the food was very good... We will return here for another meal..

• Visited May 2013
Katy, TX
“Great Queso - Good Value”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to see how good the food was. Chips and Salsa were good, Top Shelf Queso was AWSOME!!! Cheese enchiladas were pretty good but best off is that they were CHEAP! :-) Would eat there again for sure!

• Visited February 2013
Huntsville, Texas
“great food”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

great food, wonderful service. Awesome drinks. Top shelf guac is the best. I like the Revelutionary Tacos

Visited October 2012
College Station, Texas
“Surpisingly good”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My first visit to an El Chico in a long time - I usually eat at local Mexican places, but we were pleasantly surprised at the food and plan to return. My only complaint was the iced tea - not sure if they had a bad night or forgot to clean the machine or what, but it was the worst I have ever tasted.

• Visited May 2012