“one of the best El Chico's”
Review of El Chico - CLOSED

El Chico
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: El Chico in Huntsville; a Tex-Mex restaurant that was established since 1940, was voted the Best Mexican restaurant and as the Best Steak place in 2013. Come and try our delicious and reasonably priced entree's, you will surely be impressed. Take Exit 116 on I-45 when you are heading to Dallas from Houston, we are on the feeder road.
Garland, Texas
“one of the best El Chico's”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I love texmex and have eaten at several El Chico's would rated this the best in food, service, cleanliness....

• Visited June 2012

Mill Creek, Washington
“Mmmm-mmmm!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I enjoy El Chico's mostly for the nostalgia. The chips and salsa are not particularly good. I however, truly enjoy the cheese enchiladas. I feel El Chico's has some of the best cheese enchiladas at a reasonable price.

• Visited May 2011
San Jose, California
“Excellent Beef Fajitas”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Try the mix grill (shrimp, chicken, beef) or beef fajitas. You have to order the classic frozen or on the rocks margarita. If you've got some room left, the fried ice cream dessert covered with chocolate is a treat.

Food ordered and served within ten minutes. Great atmosphere listening to the Eagles, Gino Vanelli, Earth Wind and Fire and other '70's classics.

• Visited March 2012
USA
“Nice ambiance, great service, average food”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stopped into El Chicos for a takeout order last night since I was staying at a nearby hotel and it was convenient. I ordered the enchiladas with mushroom, chicken and bacon ($10.60 with tax). My order was ready to go in about 10 minutes. While waiting, I enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant, which was dimly lit (in a good way) and the wall paintings and such made for a nice eating environment. Every staff member to whom I spoke was engaging, friendly and quite happy to make recommendations or offer other assistance.

Upon returning to my room, I was pleasantly surprised that they had also included a paper sack of warmed chips and a container of salsa. As indicated in other reviews, the salsa was not the usual chunky variety, bursting with flavor, but rather a bit runny with some kick. But since I was not expecting this, I was pleased with it. The enchiladas (2 of them, with rice on the side) tasted ok, but nothing spectacular.

If I were in the area again, I would probably try another place, but if I were spending the night nearby and didn't want to drive, its not a bad place to have a few bites.

• Visited January 2012
USA
“Nice ambiance, great service, average food”
Reviewed January 3, 2012