“It's Nothing Special”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were able to walk here since we stayed at LaQuinta. The food was good but the restaurant didn't appear to be really clean.

1  Thank kristin60

Reviewed March 24, 2013

On our first visit while we were waiting to be seated, I noticed the nine 2012 HUNTSVILLE ITEM READER'S CHOICE AWARDS on the wall, so that had put my expectations up a notch or two!
We were looking for a quick Sunday lunch as we transited Huntsville on our way to San Antonio.
There is an EXPRESS LUNCH with six different sides and two meats, which that day were grilled chicken and chicken tenders. Instead, we ordered from the menu. Hubby had the chicken fried steak with two sides, corn casserole and purple hull peas and I had a cheeseburger on a sour dough bun with a side of COLD onion rings - blah! Neither would of gotten our "vote" for any choice awards!

1  Thank Napunani
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our experience at Bandera Grill was similar to our overall experience of Huntsville; friendly people offering great service with lots of smiles. Has a menu of good solid comfort food, and my burger was fresh and cooked to perfection. But the real pleasure was our waitress. With her personality and commitment to doing her job and doing it well, we'll certainly come back here if we're ever in Huntsville again, and recommend it to anyone who is heading there.

1  Thank David G
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Better comfort food experience overall than other places in town but no particular dish is the best in town. Express lunch can be good deal for a quick bite.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Went here last week... I've been here before and had better food in the past so it may have just been what I ordered. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with the jalapeno & cheese bun. The meat was just "okay" - a little bland. The bacon was really thick and chewy in a lot of places. But the bun is what made me not like this meal - the bun was very sweet. I didn't expect a jalapeno and cheese bun to be sweet - next time I would get the other bun option. My fries were good. Someone I was eating with got the crawfish and said they really liked it. So it may just depend on what you order. The service was a little slow but very friendly.

Been to Bandera Grill? Share your experiences!