“Excellent Steak”

Homestead On 19th
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Providing Huntsville with fine dining since 1995.
Pittsford, New York, United States
“Excellent Steak”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The homey atmosphere was quiet and serene, and the service was very quick. My daughter had a steak earlier in the week at a fancier restaurant, but said her steak here was actually better. The food and drinks were all excellent.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Rochesteragent

Ruidoso, New Mexico, United States
“Excellent, Just Excellent”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I went their with some friends while on a business trip. The original log cabin was built in 1834!!! However, it has been added on to and is cozy and comfortable. I started with a nice house salad, good and fresh. I then ordered the pork loin chops with mashed potatoes and asparagas. I got two huge chops, excellently seasoned and grilled beautifully. The mashed potatoes were heavenly, and the asparagas? Small, tender spears that were cooked to perfection. Then I opted for desert, I don't remember what it was called, some DECADENT chocolate thing with fresh berries...ooooooo, I dieted for two days afterward!!!! They have a good wine list and serve large glasses. Overall, an excellent experience with great food and atmosphere. Oh, the prices? I was shocked at how resonable they were, (I think my pork was about $24.00!). Don't pass on this experience.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank James C
Homesteadon19th, Owner at Homestead On 19th, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about The Homestead on 19th. It is always a great pleasure to hear about new customers like yourself discovering us. We are committed to providing unique quality and flavors that you will enjoy and hopefully keep you coming back. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Gratefully,

The Homestead on 19th
Houston
“RATS!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Was told after seeing rats on numerous occasions that its impossible to keep them out of the old log cabins! If that's the case it should be impossible for them to continue serving food. Do Not Go Here.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Foodguy56
monapeck, Owner at Homestead On 19th, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
We have completely redone the kitchen and worked very hard to get the rodent problem under control since purchasing this restaurant before the 1st of the year. I can assure you that everything, other than the fact it is an old log building, has been, and continues to be done on a regular basis to continue to control this. Thanks for your review! We hope you will try us again one day.
Houston, Texas
“Charming”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Charming seems to be a word often used in describing this quaint little restaurant. Great restaurant located in a historic area and building. Lots of "charm" and character with a nice menu. Hard to find restaurants of this caliber in the greater Houston area. We have been often but I'd like to return in warm weather and have a cocktail out on their back courtyard. Most importantly, aside from great food and atmosphere, service is always polite and attentive. That equals true charm.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Paula I
Huntsville Texas
“Wonderful food, atmosphere, I know the chef!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We go here for women's luncheons or dinners. Every dish is guaranteed to be good. wine and other drinks are available. It is unique in Huntsville for quality and variety of food!

Visited December 2013