“Very Good Entree, However”
Review of Mama Juanitas

Mama Juanitas
Ranked #11 of 121 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Have eaten there twice. Both times the Margaritas were weak and watery. The chips, tortillas and guacamole taste like they came straight from the grocery. Our fajitas, however, were very good. The service was way too attentive on our first visit and appropriate on the second. We won't be going back for a while.

2  Thank FRHolmes1

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had hoped that a new Mexican restaurant opening in an town already saturated with decent Tex- Mex restaurants would have something unique or extraordinary to offer. No such luck. The food is good, dont' get me wrong. But there are already several mexican restaurants in the area that offer velveeta type queso (cheese sauce). The menu is quite extensive, offering the typical fajitas, tacos, enchiladas, etc. The menu is priced to be right in line with the other good mexican restaurants, but they do not emphasize adult libations like a few others do. The room we ate in was loud. Granted, they were pretty full, being the shiny new penny in town, but I have a hunch the acoustics would make it loud anyway. The dimmed lighting made the menu hard to read, and since this is a new joint, I wanted to be able to peruse the menu with a nice 'house specialty' or 'signature cocktail', but none was offered. The meal did start out with chips and salsa, but many other local favorites also offer you fresh hot tortillas, queso, and veggies. I had to ask for soft tortillas, and there was no butter at the table to slather on them. Our waiter was attentive, but even when we told him it was our first visit, the only suggestion he made was a 'special' for $54.99 that fed four people. We were only two at the table, so that was of no use to us. I ordered a chicken chimichanga and my roommate had steak. He said his was delicious, and mine was good, but the chicken was very bland. Everything was typical.

2  Thank Deena S

Been to Mama Juanitas? Share your experiences!