“Awesome place!”
Review of The Blue Lagoon

The Blue Lagoon
Ranked #2 of 3 Tours in Huntsville
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Great place to spend the day diving, swimming, or just relaxing! Those who want a hassle free day, go to the BL. Phil and crew keep the rowdy crowds out for a great laid back experience!

2  Thank EC1384

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife, son and I are beginning divers and came here August 2014 for additional practice. It is difficult to find clear water bodies in Texas and we were glad to find good 20-25 ft visibility here. The water is clear and has a bluish color to it. There are 2 separate lagoons and we did #2. Water temp was 84-86 F and there are several sunken objects so divers can explore (boats, platforms, etc). We found a max depth of 26 feet. Recommend to call beforehand to reserve a spot as the place seems popular with both divers and swimmers. We are planning to return for more practice dives, family time and picnic. Front desk personnel were friendly. Other details:
Cons: no changing room or shower building. I changed in a port a potty. No much animal life in lagoon, saw only tiny fish no larger than 1-2 inches.
Pros: good shore dive entry sites with parking spots and picnic covers picnic tables.

4  Thank Joe S
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stopped in today, Saturday the 26th. I wanted to see the place and talk to the ppl there to see if I wanted to do dive training and go for swimming since its only 30mis away. The girls were hesitant to even let me look..or drive past the intrance...but once the kids & girlfriend got out the car all dresses up, they could see we were not trying to sneak in (some places have that problem) so I explained I was interested in doing my dive training there, then they Did Let Us Drive Through :) asking us not to get out of the vehicle. It was beautiful, clear water with tints of blue and the camp sites were clean it was nice that not too many ppl were there. @6 visible divers and @ 30 individuals bbqing and swimming. Family style. The roads were a little rocky and one steep hill, SUV and Trucks recommended. I read a lot of bad reviews on the rudeness of staff and the owner but I can't say that was my experience this first time scoping it out.

3  Thank bonnieboo86
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were are Blue Lagoon a couple of weeks ago and the vis was great 20 to 30 feet. Not that many classes which helped with the vis. Enjoyed the day.

1  Thank cvet78
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is the perfect day trip if you like gorgeous blue water and no fish to scare the kids. Be prepared to sit in line for your spot if you are not a diver. Just get there early, it's worth it for a quiet day out of town. Your car will get really dirty on the gravel road so don't wash it before hand.

10  Thank demastersd