“Horrible costumer service.”

The Blue Lagoon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Horrible costumer service.”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Blue lagoon can be gorgeous, but with the owner and her son running it, the place will definitely close down soon. The owner, the lady, was extremely rude and her son, I believe, was just as rude. I ended leaving since they had poor attitudes, and they refused to give me a refund. I would not recommend this place at all. Next trip, Galveston or lake Conroe

Visited April 2014
11 Thank Nobluelagoon
Phil R, Owner at The Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thanks for visiting the Blue Lagoon. As all of our rule abiding customers will find, the Blue Lagoon is a very friendly place to be. If you were one of the individuals who broke the rules, or tried to sneak someone in after you had paid for your entry, then yes, you were asked to leave the park. When you break the rules you must leave and there is no refund. Remember we are a PADI dive facility, and we cater to Scuba Divers first. However non divers are welcome. More info on our facility can be found at www.bluelagoonscuba.net All non divers who enter must be at least 18 years of age and be with a legal guardian. Divers under 18 may be accompanied by their instructor.

Montgomery, TX
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Loving the Lagoon”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great place to take the family swimming (with no lake creatures such as fish and whatever else is in lake conroe) and picnic for the day (beware the admission is 16 a person...which I find a little steep, but worth it since it is a clear lake with no creatures it in) .

If you are wanting to get in and you are a "swimmer" you need to go during the week. The weekends are busy and this is really a dive park, so drivers get 1 st priority and swimmers can get turned away if full. Luckily this weekend we went with a friend who was a diver (and could reserve a space in advance) because at 10:30 the park was full and all swimmers who were not with divers were turned away.

Visited August 2013
11 Thank murraymurray_11
Huntsville, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great date day”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I decided to go there for a date day. What a great idea. Beautiful, peaceful and not that expensive. However, I do feel they could charge a little less and get more visitors which would mean more money for themnin the long run.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Rusty M
Grand Bahama Island
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Piney Woods Paradise”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

A weekday off and in some serious need of cooling off brought us here. Our oldest son told us about the spot so we thought we would try it out. The staff at the office were really friendly. The $16 dollar per person admission fee was fair. You are assigned a space and they limit the number of people who are there. They also give preference to divers. The lagoon was once a rock quarry. The water is ice blue and pretty much void of any fish or other creatures. My wife said she saw a turtle. The water cooled us off, we had a nice picnic lunch. We will definately go back. Being an equal distance to Galveston, I would choose here for the water quality alone.

Visited June 2013
7 Thank FishinTexan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

The blue lagoon has not only been an escape for my family and myself but it's become a second home.
The blue lagoon is family owned and is not chained business so they know how to treat their customers
Just know that this facility is a diving park first so the staff will cater to divers first as it says on the website
There is no guarantee swimmers will get in after the park is full
If anyone wants advise before going to the park as a swimmer
Show up in a great mood be respectful and don't leave your common sense at the stop sign.

Visited May 2013