“AWESOME POSSOM”

Huntsville State Park
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular park great for fishing, boating and horseback riding.
Norfolk, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“AWESOME POSSOM”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This state park had Opossom's and Alligators, so what else could you ask for?
Swimming, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, kayaking, animals, alligators, fun, FUN FUN!!!!
Very nice and beautiful, definitely Texas quality.

Visited March 2014

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I found my PEACE & quiet on a great HIKE”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Went HIKING on a cold & drizzly day in February and had a great time!! The trails are excellent, well maintained, a mix of flat & hilly and scenic. They vary in length fro 1.5 to 8 mikes. I did the 6.8 miler and enjoyed it. I will be back and often. Some benches on the trail, no bathrooms on the trail, trails are well marked. Maps available at entrance.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Walt W
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cold and rainy”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

But that didn't stop us from camping and going horseback riding. This park has a ton to offer. Plenty of hiking trails and a lot to explore outside the park. You can easily spend a week there.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Vicky M
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice bike riding but limited swimming area”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a family outing at Huntsville park to test out our new mountain bikes on the trails. That was a good experience for us but when we went to cool off in the lake my perception of the park changed. The lake was limited to a very small swimming area and it was packed. Hundreds of people trying enjoy themselves in a space where only 50 should have occupied. My wife being a weak swimmer was terrified about half way in and we had to leave. They will probably say the small area is for safety concerns but I would say the events I saw were much more dangerous in that small densely occupied area. So if you like swimming and care less about boating try a different park.

1 Thank tClep
Stafford, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place for BBQ Party”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I went to this state park AUG this year for BBQ Party. The view is great, I like nature like this. 5$ each person, not much expensive. We also had hot pot there. Remember to bring gas stove since it's hard to find a spot with electrical. I saw some people brought canoe there. I'd like play it next time. Fishing is allowed.

Visited August 2013