“Always stay here for business” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Huntsville
McKinney, Texas, United States
“Always stay here for business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I returned to this property for business in June of 2013. I stay here every time I am in Huntsville, TX. Solid property with everything needed for business. Great staff (I always arrive late and even the night staff is great)! Good breakfast, clean rooms, plenty of parking, good location. There are also places to grab food nearby. I will be back again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NinaTrav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had a very spacious 2 queen on the 3rd floor - room 300. Decent water pressure in shower, large enough minifridge and microwave, good temp control (although I wish there was a way to keep the fan going because I need noise to sleep). Continental breakfast was better than most I've had. Also across the street from a Walmart, Kroger, and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank redefinition
Karen F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Its always so nice to hear from my guest and I will look into having fans on property that guest may request.
Sugar Land, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We arrived on Friday to check in. We could find no one at the desk or the lobby area. After waiting for about 5 minutes, I walked around behind the desk area and yelled (not too loud) and someone came from the office with a personal cell phone. He ended his conversation, then took care of us.
The first room we got had a noisy refrigerator so we moved to another. The room was nice, no problems. After our first night, we went down to breakfast. Adequate and average. They we out of the gravy for the biscuits. Never refilled it. She was too busy tidying up trying to close. We got there at 9:30 so we were not the last ones there . We went out for the day and came back at 5 to relax before dinner. Well, our room was the way we left it. No one cleaned it. I called the front desk and he tried to blame us. Did we leave too late? 10 am. Did we put the "do not disturb" sign out? No. Well, housekeeping goes home at 3. Do we need something? Yes! I need my room cleaned!
They brought up clean towels and more shampoo, etc. Hmmmmmm....

The next morning, they are knocking on our door early to clean the room. Really? We are checking out soon. Went to breakfast. Still no gravy! Must be special because they never refill it.

This is the best Huntsville has?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SueBee4533
Karen F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I first want to apologize for my team letting you down that is not the way we treat our guest in Huntsville. I will take this information and begin to investigate the issues and make sure the appropriate actions are taken to correct this. I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention and do hope that you will come back and give us another chance to show you how great we can be.
Fresno, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Have stayed at this location several times. Never had a bad experience or anything to complain about. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. The lobby is bright and clean and the sitting/breakfast area is very spacious and well laid out. One of the best complimentary breakfasts bars I have experienced, even compared to other Holiday Inns. The large computer room has two computers with printer for guest use. The rooms are large and clean. The bed is a little too firm for my taste, but comfortable. Extra pillows were provided. There is limited parking around the perimeter of the hotel. There are large lots adjacent, but I do not feel comfortable parking there. If some one was up to no good, these lots would be the place for it. Never had or heard of anyone who has had problems in the parking lots, but the feeling is there just the same.

Room Tip: If it makes a difference to you when assigning your room, ice machines are not on every floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JohnSr_66
Karen F, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments its so nice to hear from my guest I am so glad to hear that my staff treated you well. I really appreciate you taking time to let me know about your stay.
Gerneral Manager
Anderson, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We came into town for a family wedding. We stayed here because of all the good reviews. The best thing about this hotel was the employees at the front desk. They were so polite and helpful. I went down to buy a bag of chips at the little shop. It was only $1 but I didn't have a dollar bill so I was going to use my credit card. The front desk guy reached in his own pocket and offered to pay for it so I didn't have to use my credit card. I ended up finding some change but thought it was very kind of him to do that for a guest. The problem I had while there was that we could not park next to the hotel because there was a party in the meeting room. My family and I ended up parking in the side lot and walking a good distance. While walking up to the hotel a car full of party guest drove by acting as if they were going to run over us. The room was nice and clean but the faucet in the tub was loose and wobbly. I was worried it was going to fall apart while the kids took a shower. The hallway was a little dirty and our bed was not made up the next day after the maids came. I hate to give a bad review but I have to be honest.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 215. It was a big room with 2 beds.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Angela S
Karen F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I do apologize for the inconvinience during your stay we try very hard to accomodate all of our guest I do hope you will come back and stay with us again and let us show you just how good we can be. Thank for bringing this to my attention.
Karen Adams GM
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Charged me for a night I didn't stay there and refused to give me a credit. Even though I offered to stay there another night. Holiday Inn blamed Expedia and Expedia blamed Holiday Inn Express

My son will soon be a student in Huntsville. I had hoped this would be my hotel for visits. Not anymore. Picking another hotel or staying in BCS.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Mlestrada
I do apologize for this issue but we do not have access to refund the card for Expedia they are the only one who can do that. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
MESQUITE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

From the time we checked in we were welcomed with great people behind the desk. After we got up to our room we got a call from the desk asking if everything was ok. That was a first for us. The beds were comfortable, the room was big. TV was great. The only issue we had was as we were packing up to leave the electricity went out to the whole building. I guess the only thing I would say to improve would have been if there were staff available to help get guests luggage down from their rooms. with the electricity out. Kudos to the housekeeper that asked if I needed assistance with our luggage.(a little late, as we were on the 4th floor and she caught me on the ground floor) to the car. At least she offered. The latter would not stop us from returning. Not their fault.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family