“Beware of items being stolen.”

Best Western Huntsville Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Huntsville
London, United Kingdom
“Beware of items being stolen.”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here on route to San Antonio with my girlfriend and a group of friends. Upon check out we realised we'd left a bottle of Jack Daniels (Bought at the distillery and engraved as a present) at the hotel. A call to the hotel ended with the Manager on duty telling me not to question his staff and that the bottle was not found by housekeeping. In essence, I DO NOT recommend staying at this motel if you value your possessions.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
BEST WESTERN PL... H, Manager at Best Western Huntsville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
What I had mentioned was, we have our housekeeping team for past few years. They have been rewarded by guest for turning in expensive jewelries and cash. They would even turn in a pair of clothes, which guest might have left it to trash (we find out after calling guest). So, when you said that the housekeepers might have stolen it, that's when we said, they would turn in any stuff that the guest would forget or leave in the room. I am sorry, you felt that way, but we do have immense trust in our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lake Panasoffkee, Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel was fair. The staff, well, they were nice, but made the 5 of us wait until our project coordinator arrived to allow us to check in completely. so we sat in the lobby for more than an hour. when I went to the kitchen to get a couple of plates and forks, the attendant freaked out on me. lol.. really? over a few plates and forks? our company spent 4 nights of 5 rooms, you would think that a few little plates and forks wouldn't make a big deal....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed October 31, 2013

There isn't a great selection of hotels in Huntsville. Though generally a Marriott fan, when there were none to pick from in Huntsville, I was skeptical about booking at this hotel. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. It is definitely an old school Motel design where you enter your room from the outside; however, the hotel had been renovated on the inside and was very nice. The bed was comfortable, the linens of good quality, there was a microwave and refrigerator, and the room was very quiet on the side of the hotel opposite of the highway. The breakfast was probably not as nice as some hotels, but the area was clean and there was enough selection to satisfy most anyone. Finally, the price was right, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank K D
BEST WESTERN PL... H, Manager at Best Western Huntsville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
We were all excited to hear about how we made your stay enjoyable while staying with us. We take pride in our Best Western Plus Huntsville, TX, making sure everything is perfect & on-time during your stay. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort again soon
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was the worst experience I have ever had. Terrible customer service and completely rude/apathetic owner/manager. Evidently the hotel is not very accepting of people who book from a third party like Expedia. I was told that my reservation didn't guarantee me any type of special considerations like non-smoking or 2nd floor (safety) requests. Additionally the owner refused to give me any type of receipt citing that since I booked third party, he was unable to issue a receipt.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank McKinney1
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a nice stay, planned on staying there again; however, my daughter had set a jacket on the bed while we were loading the car and forgot to go back for it. I expect the staff to turn in items that are left.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Karen P
Colleyville, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our family needed to stay only one night and I thought we'd "make due" with this hotel. However, I was surprised by almost every aspect of our stay.. The room was larger, cleaner and newer than I expected. The breakfast was great. Not just a cold pastry and a cup of coffee, but a hot buffet with enough variety to please the whole family The staff at every turn were always helpful. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Terrie E
United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed in same hotel two years ago, not impressed. Returned to find a totally renovated Best Western. Rooms have been upgraded, lobby changed, and breakfast totally different. Not sure it's new owner or new money. Either of which was a nice change. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family