“Way Over Priced for the Value”

Best Western Huntsville Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Huntsville
Dundee, OR
“Way Over Priced for the Value”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is the most overpriced Best Western we have ever stayed in. Spending tonight in a Best Western in a different location that is a much better room than the room we had there and for half the price. On top of that we informed them when we made the reservation that we had to have a first floor room as my wife could not climb stairs. We we arrived they had given us a second floor room and told us that there was no rooms on the first floor. When I threatened to leave the clerk said she would make some changes and assign us a room on the first floor. I checked the front of our unit and at no time was all the parking spaces taken. The cleark also told us that we would be paying the same rate at all the other places both north and south of Huntsville. Never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I've stayed in nicer hotels and paid alot less! I stayed at the Best Western in Huntsvill, Texas last night. I was unable to get much rest. I complained to the front desk several times over several hours. The last call I made, I had to threaten t contact the local police department myself. The noise coming from the room above me was very loud. There was a big track tournament this weekend. The hotel staff failed to contact the chaperone. I wasted $160 plus tax! My advise, if you stay in Huntsville, Texas, stay at Comfort Suites, Days Inn, or La Quinta.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a nice property, more motel feel than hotel, with parking lot access to front door of room.
The front desk was pleasant and quick.
We were a little disappointed not to get a handicap room, but were told IN ADVANCE it was spring break and almost all the rooms were booked.
The room itself was spacious, clean, had a work area and desk and arm chair with hassock. Comfy bed.
Being on the parking lot was a little noisy at night, but not too bad.
We thought the price was a little high compared to other Best Westerns, but understood it was due to being in that area, and other motels/hotels are much more expensive with lower quality.
Bottom line: good place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the property are quieter!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were in for one night for a wedding. The hotel was very nice. Rooms were clean, even though we were checking in early in the day. Front desk was very nice and efficient. The breakfast had a lot of choices but we were in a hurry so we didn't eat. Location is near the mall and there are restaurants nearby. Location is near the highway so access was convenient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have stayed in this motel many times, each time has been just fine. Our room was large and spacious. Clean, and neat. The front desk clerk was friendly and accomodating. It was kinda' weird that when we first got there the office was locked and there was a sign on the door to wait, because they were assisting other guests. Hmmm. Need a little more help? I think the front desk should always be attended. Other than this small inconvenience, this motel is consistently good. When we are in Huntsville visiting my daughter, this is our home away from home. Don't usually get the breakfast, so can't comment on that. I stay in a lot of hotels because I'm recently retired and like to travel and this one is very good. Some people just can't be pleased. I have never seen a bug, it has always been clean, and the people are friendly. They will also accomodate pets, if you make prior arrangements. I really like the ways it's tucked back in there off the main highway. I don't think you would be disappointed with this one.

Room Tip: We were upstairs on the end. It was perfect for us!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JCntex
Reviewed March 5, 2013

After going to another popular hotel where the rates were outrageous, we found the Best Western-thank goodness! It was just completely redone not long ago & is just like new. The manager is the nicest man we ever met & makes you feel right at home! From the lady in the breakfast area to the people changing the linens, everyone is so friendly! Only one problem, we'll probably never have service this nice again, unless we go back to this hotel. If you're ever in the Huntsville, Texas area & need a place to stay, you can't go wrong here!! :)

• Stayed March 2013
London, Ontario
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Coming all the way from Canada we had read reviews and had some high expectations of this hotel. We checked in and the service was excellent, very helpfull and friendly. We lugged all our bags up stairs to what we were told was the best room and secluded seeing as we were staying 6 nights they wanted us to feel at home. We walked in the room to which smelt like some just had taken a smelly bathroom break! It was se awful I had to leave the room. The room looked nice but small. We moved to a new room which we found within a few minutes the toilet was broken and it felt like you were in a basement apartment. We ended up checking out within minutes at no charge and moved down the road to the days inn which was 40 cheaper a night, larger and much more nicer. We won't stay at a best western again.

• Stayed February 2013