“Beyond horrible!!”

La Quinta Inn Huntsville
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed April 11, 2013

After arriving my first room didn't have a shower curtain. So then I went to the front desk and they switched my key to another room. I get back to the room and noticed that I can't get into my last room because they switched my key. So then I Go back to the front desk to give me a second key to get back into my first room. When I get in the second room I noticed the ceiling over the bathroom toilet is leaking on my head. That's mentioned that the tub itself was leaking As well as it being really filthy. I tell the front desk and I got zero apology from the assistant.

• Stayed: April 2013

A La Quinta traveler
Arlington, Texas, USA
Reviewed March 29, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Although an older facility its very pleasant place to stay. Quite, very clean, extremely helpful desk clerk! Huntsville is a nice small town and this a really good choice of places to stay. The breakfast was pretty normal for a free breakfast and I was very grateful they offerd it. Got juice, fruit and oatmeal and out the door each day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I decided to experience the fishing life here in Huntsville, which wasn't as we expected....we seen more alligators than fish (clue) but I really like the biggest attraction here which is the University so we spent the night here and chose La Quinta. We've stayed at la quinta many times in other cities and the first opinion formed when we walk in the lobby, it was very cleaned but the clerk that check us in spoke to us, told us the rate, took my husband card and Id, ask him to signed the charge....all without looking up at us. Which made me uncomfortable so as soon as I could I look up the reviews and nearly all of them were negative. But to late. We are headed to LL if we can get through the night here. She never explain the room, morning breafast or checkout. There isn't a refrigator or microwave in the room either plus the A/C is very loud. We had to turn it off...

Room Tip: guest can do better to chose somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed because we were exhausted. Walking up to our room the stair rails are rusted and paint is severely chipping paint. Once in the room, there are spiderwebs and dirt at the top of the walls. The towels looked and felt like they should have been replaced years ago. There is dirt under and behind the table, the bed, the dresser. There is a horrible stained recliner in the room that i absolutely refused to sit in for fear of what my be there with me. Breakfast was ok, nothing fabulous. I will not ever stay here again. Come on LQ, you could be so much better. National name or not, Don't stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed 1 night. The room was clean, bed comfortable, room cool. Property was well cared for and the staff was very polite. The rate was good and also got a discount for AAA. The location was on the access road and convenient for everything that we needed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family